What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aldrovanda giveaway

Ahhh that's what I thought, but wasn't sure since it was larger. I've removed it. I got some of the normal stuff with some other plants and it quickly became a pain in my tanks... Anyway, here is how it sits right now... most of the plants I got recently, so I chopped up what I had... Also got the DIY Co2 back up and running. I decided to put the Aldro in a floating fish container within the tank so I can watch it.

20131216_161205.jpg

20131216_161222.jpg

I got mine a couple days ago, but haven't been on enough to come in 'till now. Woot! Thanks so much, Tanukimo. I appreciate the duckweed. I kinda like the bigger ones, and also have some Salvinia (like a fuzzy duckweed). BTW, guys, this bigger duckweed makes little hibernacula, or whatever you call it. Where the new leaves are formed, in the fall it makes little brown, lentil-like dormant bodies that sink.

Thanks for sharing your pictures adnedarn. I'm glad the plants went to a good home! Nice to hear you like the duckweed Lil Stinkpot. I keep it mostly to feed my goldfish. It's more manageable than the smaller kind in my opinion.

Back