Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking For D. regia and Nepthanes and Sarracenia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking For D. regia and Nepthanes and Sarracenia

Hi guys!
    I am just starting out my carnivorous plant garden and was looking to expand my collection a bit.
    I currently have 3 species of Drosera: D. burmannii, D. capensis, and D. madigascariensis.
    I am looking for Drosera regia seeds in particular, I have been having a great deal finding a vendor for this particular species.
    I did find one but then they sold out the day before I was going to order
    Also, I think I would like to add some pitcher plant seeds to my collection.
    I do not have any particular preference for these, as I have none in my collection yet.
    Message me and we can chat!

Edit: I just look at my seed collection, I currently have D. capensis (red), D. burmannii, D. omissa (pink), and D. madagascariensis seeds available for trade!
    Also looking for Byblis Seeds.
    Last edited by Phake33; 02-17-2014 at 03:46 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drosera regia seed is something of a rarity among sundew growers but it is a tempting little goody. While there are those who manage to produce mature plants from seed most find the seedlings dying before they can mature. It's an advanced project, generally. Finding success even starting with a mature plant is often difficult. My recommendation would be to keep this species in mind for a time when you feel secure with your methods and conditions for growing some of the moderately difficult Drosera.

Welcome to the hobby, Phake33. I wish you success!
    - Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you I will keep that in mind, however I am still looking to expand my collection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just about to write that you shouldn't ask for plants without offering something to trade in return, but it looks like you got on top of that
    I'm afraid I don't have what you are looking for, but good luck in your search!
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...29#post1089429

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey, as expressed.....welcome to the hobby......do you have any sarracenia at all?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently all I have in my collection is 4 species of drosera. I would love to add any kind of pitcher plants to my collection.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding Nepenthes: is it your plan to grow anything you acquire just in the house, on a windowsill, or do you plan on engineering a grow chamber? This genus generally requires good humidity to produce pitchers, humidity above 50% for many species. A few carefully chosen varieties will do OK on the average windowsill, but it is a good idea to describe the specifics of your growing space so we can offer meaningful recommendations. Please include temperature fluctuation data (highs and lows) for a complete impression. Thanks, and welcome to the hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 4 foot fluorescent light setup and have engineered my own growing chambers
    I keep my growing area at about 75-80 degrees and humidity is not an issue.
    All of these plants will be grown indoors under lights, or in a terrarium.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast