Nepenthes hybrid seed
I am giving away ONE lot of seed from a home-made Nepenthes cross I harvested yesterday: N. Tiveyi (******* clone) X [(lowii X veitchii) X boschiana].
This is the ******* Tiveyi:
And the boschiana hybrid male:
To qualify for the seeds, you must meet the following criteria:
1) You must have prior experience (and success) growing Nepenthes from seed,
2) You must not have received any of my other giveaway items in the past three months,
3) You must offer the TF membership something in return (pay it forward, from your own assets) and you must offer it gratis. (You can request reimbursement for shipping, if you must) please list what you plan on donating in your reply.
The cross appears to have been highly fertile, with a large percentage of big, viable embryos produced, so you could potentially end up with 50 plants or more from the amount of seed I am donating. I will choose a recipient later today, if there is any interest in this offer at all.
Last edited by Whimgrinder; 04-20-2014 at 08:45 AM.
Please state what it is you plan to offer as your "pay-it-forward" gift to the forum. You have successfully grown Nepenthes from seed before?
Originally Posted by madmacks420
Yes I have, I currently have some N. (rafflesiana x mirabilis ) x hookeriana seeds started and I have some 4 month old VFT seedlings I can offer up,Still might be a little small for shipping,,
Hey Paul, I am interested.
My success with Nepenthes germination is not lengthy though I do have a number of seedlings right now that are slowly putting on some size. My first seedlings are working on their second pitchers. Not much I know, but its something...
I've been giving to the TF community for years here and there. If past give-aways don't count then I will probably be having a U. humboldtii plug to give away in the somewhat near future as well as a number of these seedlings if I were successful in germinating them. I also just harvested up some D. capensis seeds that I could do an immediate giveaway with. I might be offering a rooted Cephalotus cutting once I see some growth from any of them.
Will work for CP's
Lots of potential there and very nice cross Paul!
I'm pretty sure I can meet all your criteria Paul.
1. I have germ seed from several different genus of CPs, if you need pics just say the word as I have several going now.
2. I haven't received anything from you in the last couple month's, except some great advice. So if that rules me out just say the word and scratch everything else I say.
3) As for my future giveaway;
I will offer up as a giveaway one SG N. Palawanensis (still small the size of dimes but very healthy a great root systems already) or a small/med S. 'Royal Ruby'. I won't offer this give away until next month or so when the weather warms up across the US.
The winner can choose from one of the plants above.
Last edited by Kinjie; 04-20-2014 at 03:00 PM.
I have had great success with growing from seed.
I currently have rooted cuttings of both N. Ventricosa, and N. Mirand I will be offering up to newcomers soon.
Last edited by wesly2010; 04-20-2014 at 04:51 PM.