User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking to set up carnivorous display for education and conservation center

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarracenia_X View Post
    yeah, that's a good point... and D. filiformis is temperate...

I have a Nepenthes Miranda with at least 6 growth points, i can offer you a cutting that if you would prefer tropical plants.

Would you accept an unrooted cutting or would you prefer it be rooted first?
    I hadn't really thought of that. I'd really like to put together the most diverse range of traps possible so if providing a dormancy period comes along with temperate plants then I can provide that as needed. It would actually add to the discussion about the changes these plants go through.

As far as rooted or unrooted I'd say whichever would engage the children's attention quicker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a bunch of Drosera capensis that I could send you. PM me if interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a couple med./large N. ventrata that you can have if you're interested. Along with N. 'Miranda' these are probably the most forgiving of the Neps, but still require the right conditions for producing pitchers...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anramitaco View Post
    I have a bunch of Drosera capensis that I could send you. PM me if interested.
    Sending a PM, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Sun View Post
    I have a couple med./large N. ventrata that you can have if you're interested. Along with N. 'Miranda' these are probably the most forgiving of the Neps, but still require the right conditions for producing pitchers...
    I really appreciate the offer but due to the fact that I'll only have a small area of a shelf to display them on I think I'll have to pass on any Nepenthes. Unless of course its something that will grow working traps in a small 4" pot. Thank you though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, they will probably be okay in a 4" pot for a while, but you'd probably end up having to prune back periodically...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    strange, I thought I responded to this a few days ago. Thanks for the offer Sun but they do look a little tall for what I had in mind. I'm still not 100% sure where we'll be putting the plants so I may get back to you in the coming weeks if the offer is still available.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some two year old Sarracenia seedlings, mixed pedigree?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lhancock View Post
    strange, I thought I responded to this a few days ago. Thanks for the offer Sun but they do look a little tall for what I had in mind. I'm still not 100% sure where we'll be putting the plants so I may get back to you in the coming weeks if the offer is still available.
    Okay, I'm going to give these ones away, but I know I have at least one more that you can have if you decide to take it on, just let me know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12