1) theplantman -- I think you'll remember our correspondence during my Drosophyllum seed germination experiment, which I greatly appreciated!! I got the plant not only to come up, but to look really great---except my stupid greenhouse collapsed in the wind! The plant dropped, pot shattered, and after replanting I still got it to live for 5 weeks!! After which I imagine the injury helped it succumb to root rot. I am dying to try again and I think I can nail it this time. I also expect to have significantly better germination now that it's warm outside. The threat of damping off has largely passed. Really, really sorry to hear about your plant--it was gorgeous!
2) Birdman- I have grown this species for many years, but sadly my last plants died prematurely without flowering and I had no seed left. I have been quite successful with the 24 hour GA3 pretreatment. Thanks for the offer! (BTW- I would be very happy with 1/2 an envelope = 4 seeds)
3)JB_orchidguy- I have zero experience with these guys. I have five seeds I'm trying to germinate atm but I'm not sure if they will. IDK if I have done something wrong or not. I would love to try again. Thanks!!
4. PiranhaPlant - I have limited experience growing this species but I would like an attempt to give it another shot.
5. Gs'Cps - I have a nice hobby greenhouse with several species of sundews, pings, cephs and nepenthes I am forever reading on drosophyllum as this species caught my eye in 2010 i would love to give this species a go and i am familiar with all the different germination techniques, i have been holding off to get seeds of some drosophyllum because i never know if they are fresh viable seeds. this seems like a perfect opportunity to get me some healthy seeds that will florish in my Mediterranean style greenhouse
6. Mass ~ I've got a couple year's experience growing Drosos thanks to you. Sadly mine died during an 8 day power outtage this winter. How I miss it so..
7. adnedarn- I sprouted 4 out of 6 seeds on my last attempt, one died shortly after leaving 3- 2 in one pot and 1 in another pot. They grew for over a year with no flower but when I moved, something changed about my conditions or maybe it was the 2 weeks they were inside a room under lights I'm really not sure but ultimately they passed. Although I still have the pots and dead plants sitting in the greenhouse. :X Thanks much for the consideration!