Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fresh Drosophyllum seed giveaway

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fresh Drosophyllum seed giveaway

My bushy old mother Drosophyllum decided it was time to flower in January/February and produce its last crop of seed. Sadly, the drosos in this pot have reached the end of their life cycle after 4 great years, but have given me many progeny to fill the void.

I have two packets for giveaway, each containing 8 freshly harvested seed. They will be shipped in a padded envelope and I will pay postage. Put your name in list form, copy/paste from post above yours and add your name to list, with a short comment on your experience level growing the more difficult species of CPs and I will pick two people (see below) on Thursday, May 15, and PM them for shipping info.

My preference is to give these to people who have the experience and/or knowledge to germinate and grow this awesome sundew as they have different requirements than most other CPs.

Mother plant last summer, R.I.P.

[IMG]Drosophyllum 2013 by Djoni C, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]Drosophyllum flowers by Djoni C, on Flickr[/IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will pass, but its a very generous offer :-)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) theplantman -- I think you'll remember our correspondence during my Drosophyllum seed germination experiment, which I greatly appreciated!! I got the plant not only to come up, but to look really great---except my stupid greenhouse collapsed in the wind! The plant dropped, pot shattered, and after replanting I still got it to live for 5 weeks!! After which I imagine the injury helped it succumb to root rot. I am dying to try again and I think I can nail it this time. I also expect to have significantly better germination now that it's warm outside. The threat of damping off has largely passed. Really, really sorry to hear about your plant--it was gorgeous!

Fairly Obsessed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) theplantman -- I think you'll remember our correspondence during my Drosophyllum seed germination experiment, which I greatly appreciated!! I got the plant not only to come up, but to look really great---except my stupid greenhouse collapsed in the wind! The plant dropped, pot shattered, and after replanting I still got it to live for 5 weeks!! After which I imagine the injury helped it succumb to root rot. I am dying to try again and I think I can nail it this time. I also expect to have significantly better germination now that it's warm outside. The threat of damping off has largely passed. Really, really sorry to hear about your plant--it was gorgeous!

2) Birdman- I have grown this species for many years, but sadly my last plants died prematurely without flowering and I had no seed left. I have been quite successful with the 24 hour GA3 pretreatment. Thanks for the offer! (BTW- I would be very happy with 1/2 an envelope = 4 seeds)
    It's better to be pissed off than pissed on.....

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pictures are like wow!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2) Birdman- I have grown this species for many years, but sadly my last plants died prematurely without flowering and I had no seed left. I have been quite successful with the 24 hour GA3 pretreatment. Thanks for the offer! (BTW- I would be very happy with 1/2 an envelope = 4 seeds)

3)JB_orchidguy- I have zero experience with these guys. I have five seeds I'm trying to germinate atm but I'm not sure if they will. IDK if I have done something wrong or not. I would love to try again. Thanks!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3)JB_orchidguy- I have zero experience with these guys. I have five seeds I'm trying to germinate atm but I'm not sure if they will. IDK if I have done something wrong or not. I would love to try again. Thanks!!

4. PiranhaPlant - I have limited experience growing this species but I would like an attempt to give it another shot.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ) theplantman -- I think you'll remember our correspondence during my Drosophyllum seed germination experiment, which I greatly appreciated!! I got the plant not only to come up, but to look really great---except my stupid greenhouse collapsed in the wind! The plant dropped, pot shattered, and after replanting I still got it to live for 5 weeks!! After which I imagine the injury helped it succumb to root rot. I am dying to try again and I think I can nail it this time. I also expect to have significantly better germination now that it's warm outside. The threat of damping off has largely passed. Really, really sorry to hear about your plant--it was gorgeous!

4. PiranhaPlant - I have limited experience growing this species but I would like an attempt to give it another shot.

5. Gs'Cps - I have a nice hobby greenhouse with several species of sundews, pings, cephs and nepenthes I am forever reading on drosophyllum as this species caught my eye in 2010 i would love to give this species a go and i am familiar with all the different germination techniques, i have been holding off to get seeds of some drosophyllum because i never know if they are fresh viable seeds. this seems like a perfect opportunity to get me some healthy seeds that will florish in my Mediterranean style greenhouse

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast