Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mystery Trade Center

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know its sorta a hint but I'm thinking what if there's at least a list of growing conditions? or whom its suitable for? you just don't know what you'll get. that way if the people are in, they're in for it and wont complain later. just a thought :P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salgadoxx8 View Post
    I know its sorta a hint but I'm thinking what if there's at least a list of growing conditions? or whom its suitable for? you just don't know what you'll get. that way if the people are in, they're in for it and wont complain later. just a thought :P
    You know what, that would probably be for the best, sure.
    Come to me flies and crawling bugs. This plant wants to give you great big hugs
    Aren't I pretty, don't I smell good? I'd come to you if I could
    But I can't so you must come to me, I'm sure we will get along splendidly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salgadoxx8 View Post
    Yeah, maybe if participants specify what type of CPs can grow in their conditions and then the person giving their plant away can know whom to send it to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    or at least provide a grow list/want list so there would be an idea of what to send them.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robster_24 View Post
    or at least provide a grow list/want list so there would be an idea of what to send them.
    Well that would kind of defeat the purpose because I think the point is to receive something you can care for and not necessarily something you want, although that would be nice too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I have got one. Yesterday, I visited the home of a gal in a plant trading group locally. She has a tree that is quite rare locally, but it readily produces seed she says are easy to germinate. Said to grow 18 to 20 feet tall, very cold hardy, fast grower, originally from Mexico. Only in cultivation outside of Mexico since the 1987-ish. If you scratch the wood it has a very sweet I hear cinnamon/vanilla like scent. The flowers are very fragrant as well. I read a story somewhere that two fellows had trimmed one of these trees and thrown the trimmings into the back of their vehicle and then begun in short order to accuse each other of wearing excessive amounts of cologne. Dunno about all that. I have 19 seeds, might be able to get more later. Lets say two lots of five seeds each, the usual thing with numbers in order. I have found info saying it is currently growing in Texas and California. Also said to have survived 8F with minimal damage without protection. One source said alkaline soil, pH 9.1, but I bet it would be a bit adaptable. If some interest, a drawing by RNG next Friday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As in all such things, if you like the idea, you can participate, if it doesn't appeal to you, then don't participate. It's that simple. We don't all have to agree on whether or not it's a good idea.

That said, I think pearl diver has crafted a very well thought out approach.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12