What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marston Dragon (probably) giveaway

These are very very young plants, as in first 1 or 2 carnivorous leaves. They were an eBay purchase, so I can't guarantee 100% that they are drosera Marston Dragon, but this is a giveaway, not a trade, so... free plants.

The winner gets 15-20 of these seedlings (I might lose count, I aim for 20) shipped potted on me, US only. Remember these get kinda big for drosera, so don't expect to have these in a tiny terrarium forever.

In order to win, a person must guess my favorite color or least favorite color. Now I am very particular about my favorite and least favorite colors, don't expect it to be something like red, more like brick red.

So here are the hints: my favorite color is a shade of purple, and my least favorite color is a shade of orange. People can guess only once for each color. So get out those crayons and hope the label is my favorite color.

If no one guesses correctly in a week, I'll just hold on to the seedlings for a couple of months and verify what they are before trading them, rather than giving them away. Good luck!

Maroon? Magenta?

You get only 1 guess, one guess for my favorite color, the other for my least favorite. You don't get to trade one in for two guesses of my favorite color. Pick one of those purples, and pick a shade of orange for the second color.

lavender and apricot

Sorry to say--since 'Marston Dragon' is a cultivar it has to be propagated vegetatively. If your plants are truly seedlings they will not be true 'Marston Dragon' but may have similar traits. Good luck with the giveaway though! I'm sure you'll get some really cool stuff coming out the mix!

I personally think there's soooo much potential for someone to breed the binata complex into some serious new cultivars.

Unusual self-propagating Marston Dragon was the claim, all 100% good reviews from over 100 people though, but you are probably right. Would still probably look cool though, who knows, Marston Dragon is a cross between binata giant and var extrema, it might have more traits of either awesome parent. Maybe it will be weird in its own right. But I have admitted for all I know I could have ended up with spatulata or some other such thing, you know, because I got them from eBay.

If these are grown from seed, you cannot distribute these as D. 'Marston Dragon', which is a single cultivar. Distributing mislabeled plants contributes to the contamination of cultivar data.

Periwinkle, and burnt orange

If these are grown from seed, you cannot distribute these as D. 'Marston Dragon', which is a single cultivar. Distributing mislabeled plants contributes to the contamination of cultivar data.

Ok, my bad, but I did say up front they might not be Marston Dragon, that they were just bought on eBay as such. I'll just think of them as "interesting" looking binatas then.

Periwinkle, and burnt orange

And we have a winner, you guessed my least favorite color correctly. Burnt orange disgusts me, ugh. In case anyone was curious, royal purple is my favorite color. Periwinkle is meh. I am surprised someone won so quickly though. So pm me your address, and I will be shipping your prize out to you ASAP.

favorite wisteria, least fav neon carrot ?

Back