Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ethical Question About Shipping

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think u should be fine, they mostly ask to make sure your package is safe. Since shipping live plants. I like to tell them its perishable then they tell me to write it down so the mailman knows. U should be good. its unethical if its something hazardous and you dont tell them. Regular water unethical? c'mon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimscott View Post
    Part of my trade offering is the D. binata in a 50 mL centrifuge tube, in water. And now I wonder about the ethics of it when the people in the post office ask if what is being shipped is liquid, fragile, perishable, etc... It IS in liquid and it IS perishable. So can I really ship them... or aquatic utrics... or plants, in general?

What exactly is considered 'liquid' and/or 'perishable'? Should I justship my D. binatas in moist paper towels, instead?
    I remember a lonnnng time ago you sent me a 50 ml centrifuge tube of D. binata or some variant of D. binata. Haven't you done this in the past before just fine?

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The overwhelming view consensus, which includes post office personnel commenting on blatantly honest replies, is that shipping live plants, including water, follows the 'spirit of the law'. That's all I needed to know. Thanks for responding.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12