Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Looking For White Flowered Fragrant Epiphyllum oxypetalum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking For White Flowered Fragrant Epiphyllum oxypetalum

I'm looking to replace a plant I lost a few years ago. The replacement I purchased flowers bright red and has no fragrance. On the plus side the bloom has lasted 3 days so far, which is 2 days longer than the one I used to have and am now looking for did. Looking for a leaf cutting, will trade a cutting of my red one, other trades possible. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking For White Flowered Fragrant Epiphyllum oxypetalum-eo1-jpg  
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoot me an email and I can get you a few, perhaps a trade for some of your bog/trade list items? gnixon@satx.rr.com

For the love of Science! Dragoness's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an E. oxypetalum, but it has not bloomed yet, so I cannot guarantee color. I was led to believe it will be white though. Only had it about 7 or 8 months, but it has grown by leaps and bounds in that time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought i knew most of the carnivorous plants. What kind of carnivorous plant is this? since this is a carnivorous plant forum, a new form perhaps?

Regards
    GROWLIST If you can read this thank a TEACHER , If you can read this in ENGLISH thank a VETERAN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not carnivorous, it's an orchid cactus.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John,

I have a white-flowered Epiphyllum. Not sure of the species. It flowered for me for the first time last year. I think it was fragrant, but it was hard to tell because (a) the Drosophyllum make the entire greenhouse smell like honey and (b) I caught it the morning after. I didn't even know it was going to bloom (It's languished under a bench -- it gets too cold in the winter in my GH for it to really be happy). Although it was happy enough to flower, I suppose.

It's yours if you'd like it (I can send it with the pot of seedling Disas and the Polygala lutea as well). The stem/root ball is fairly large, but I could also hack it into leaf cuttings and send if you'd prefer.

Jay
    Growing CP since 1975. Succeeding (more or less) since 1990.

Sarracenia & Heliamphora Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jay, but I picked up two since that post was made. I'll be in touch with my trade bait in the next couple days.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checking post dates always helps (I should do that) .... see it's been almost exactly a year :-).
    Growing CP since 1975. Succeeding (more or less) since 1990.

Sarracenia & Heliamphora Growlist