What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fish and turtles up for trade! Be sure to check out my extensive want/trade list at the bottom.
Feel free to make offers, ask questions. Thanks!

Two male Red Eared Sliders, they are yearlings at about 4". Take them separate or together.

Turtle 1:
Beautiful "sunset orange" markings.
cimg5139.jpg

cimg5143.jpg

Turtle 2:
Vivid red markings and unusual red teardrop on head.
cimg5131.jpg

cimg5133.jpg

Albino Bristlenose Plecos about 2". Twelve available.
cimg5108.jpg

Want/Trade List:
Plants
Ant Plants
Tree ferns
Utricularia graminifolia
Stapelia (starfish flower)
Amorphophallus (Voodoo Lily)

Aquarium Stuff
Wood
Décor
Fake Skulls
Riparium plants
Aquarium Lighting
Riparium trellis raft
Seachem flourish excel
HoldFast Epoxy (any brand, used for reef aquariums)
Live aquatic plants (bucephalandra, anubias, Hygrophila pinnatifida )

Reptile Stuff
Fake Skulls
MagNaturals
Cork bark rounds
Tree fern logs/stumps
Waterfalls (for Terrarium use)
Ultrasonic Fogger (for Terrarium use)
Exo Terra terrariums (nano, mini, or small)

Inverts
Horn worms
Butter worms
Lasiodora parahybana slings
Isopods (large or colorful sp.)
Feather Millipedes (Brachycybe Sp.)
Beetles (Rhino, Flower, Stag, etc.)
Beetle larvae (Rhino, Flower, Stag, etc.)

Books
Ponds Books
Insect Books
Beetle Books
Goldfish Books
Ant Plant Books
Aquarium Books
Aquarium Plant Books
Any by Orin McMonigle
Edible Mushroom Books
Carnivorous Plant Books
Freshwater Invertebrate Books

To trade, message me now.
Thanks!

If your wanting to trade for carnivorous plants, that's great. If not, this is a carnivorous plant forum. Then you are in the wrong section.

Regards :oops:

Dear Firerock,

Many members of this forum have interests and hobbies beyond carnivorous plants. In fact, there is a whole area on Non Carnivorous Plants Discussions and if you check under the category Terrariums, Vivariums, Eco-Spheres, Aquariums, and Animal Life, you'll find the subcategories Reptiles, Amphibians and other terrarium dwelling animals, Insects, Spiders, and other Arthropods, and Fresh Water Aquariums .

If we did not have those areas in our forum, then it would be inappropriate for me to ask for and offer the items listed. Fortunately, we do have those areas, and since there is no rule against what I have offered and asked for, then indeed, I am not in the wrong.

If you are wanting to make a trade offer, I am fully open to them. If it must be a carnivorous plant, you'll notice I listed "Utricularia graminifolia" under my want list. I am open to other aquatic bladderworts as well, and if another type of carnivorous plant is offered, I might take you up on it. I'm not actively looking for others, but if something cool came along, I wouldn't say "no".

Your reply above really should have been sent to me in a PM. You could have also notified the Mods by using the little triangle "Report Post" button at the bottom left, if you felt I did something inappropriate. But it is, what it is, and we'll move on from here.

Have a beautiful day Firerock and please PM me if you'd like to say more. :)

If only my dorm allowed pets other than non predatory fish...

Bristlenose plecos are non predatory . . . :D

They feed on algae and other veggies, but not live aquatic plants. They really are amazing and I don't understand why they aren't more popular. They are true algae eaters at every life stage, their max adult size is 4 to 5 inches, they get along peacefully with other fish and they are not too difficult to breed!

I am open to all questions, feel free to post up or PM me.

Hmm, I see nothing wrong with this post. A lot of the things being "looked for" are definitely things that are common crossover hobbies (to or from) to CPs.

I'm not a turtle guy, but those looks pretty cool I must say. :D
Andrew

Bristlenose plecos are non predatory . . . :D

They feed on algae and other veggies, but not live aquatic plants. They really are amazing and I don't understand why they aren't more popular. They are true algae eaters at every life stage, their max adult size is 4 to 5 inches, they get along peacefully with other fish and they are not too difficult to breed!

I am open to all questions, feel free to post up or PM me.

I was meaning the turtles. Fish aren't really all that appealing to me.

adnedarn, thanks for the turtle complements!

PsychoSarah, I know you meant the turtles.
I was pitching the plecos to you anyway. ;)

But yes, I still have the two Red Eared Sliders and a few Bristlenose Plecos remaining.
Post up or PM with any questions! :D

Last edited:
Back