What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Nepenthes seeds, no experience nessasary! OFFER CLOSED

No one else? I'll be shutting this down very soon.....

Free Nepenthes seeds, no experience nessasary!
Hello all! These seeds are the result of my first attempt at making Nepenthes seeds. The cross is N. ventricosa x N. maxima, and it appears they took pretty good to pollination. I have 3 flower stalks in total, so quite a bit of seed which I started harvesting yesterday, and one flower stalk isn't quite ready yet. So it's fresh fresh fresh! I'm going to open this up to all groups of people, but not all at once or unlimited so please read carefully.

First off, this is for USA only, sorry.
Second, these are for your private use. Not to use as trading material or to sell or to give to a friend.
Subject to changes if I have to, but I think I covered all I wanted to.
Good luck, and thanks!
Andrew

Oh, if you would like to trade something for a larger pack of seed feel free to PM me.

Trades shipped:
davidgreen-8/5/14

Make sure to copy all of this to your post, so each post has the current lists please.

*Get them shipped to you on my dime.

Thank You members may request one packet of seeds to be shipped on my dime. (This includes if you Join now)
1) Rocketcaver (sent my renewal fee today) Thanks! 8-7-14
2) Subrosa- Thanks Andrew! 8-7-14
3) anramitaco - very generous! 8-7-14
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

If you are a long standing/participating member to this forum you are welcome to a pack of seeds on my dime. For the sake of this giveaway lets say you need to have been here at least 2 years (Join date 8/3/2012 or prior) and have at least 500 posts.
1) DrWurm, thanks! Always wanted to take a swing at these. 8-5-14
2) ellisonk001 - Thanks!
3) That One Guy-thanks :) 8-5-14
4)hcarlton-fantastic generosity! 8-7-14
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

If you place an order through my store, I will add a pack to your order for free. (while spaces below last...) Put your forum name here, and some clue that will link you to the order, or PM me....
1) cbennett4041 8-5-14
2) Zath (will PM) 8-6-14
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

*Get them shipped on your dime.

If you don't want to support the forum by becoming a Thank You member, or buying anything from the store, and are not a long standing/participating member as mentioned above.... I will let some go via SASE. But not yet.... We will let this run a little bit to see how many packs I have left over and go from there. So feel free to start the list, but having your name on it doesn't guarantee you will get any... It all depends on what is left after the above people get theirs. I will let at least 5 packs go this way, by random number generator...

1) Psycho Sarah
2) Nikki630 - thanks
3) Eric- Thanks!
4) samolo
5) ps3isawesome thanks for the reminder, :)
6)
7)
8)
etc

Last edited:
Free Nepenthes seeds, no experience nessasary!
Hello all! These seeds are the result of my first attempt at making Nepenthes seeds. The cross is N. ventricosa x N. maxima, and it appears they took pretty good to pollination. I have 3 flower stalks in total, so quite a bit of seed which I started harvesting yesterday, and one flower stalk isn't quite ready yet. So it's fresh fresh fresh! I'm going to open this up to all groups of people, but not all at once or unlimited so please read carefully.

First off, this is for USA only, sorry.
Second, these are for your private use. Not to use as trading material or to sell or to give to a friend.
Subject to changes if I have to, but I think I covered all I wanted to.
Good luck, and thanks!
Andrew

Oh, if you would like to trade something for a larger pack of seed feel free to PM me.

Trades shipped:
davidgreen-8/5/14

Make sure to copy all of this to your post, so each post has the current lists please.

*Get them shipped to you on my dime.

Thank You members may request one packet of seeds to be shipped on my dime. (This includes if you Join now)
1) Rocketcaver (sent my renewal fee today) Thanks! 8-7-14
2) Subrosa- Thanks Andrew! 8-7-14
3) anramitaco - very generous! 8-7-14
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

If you are a long standing/participating member to this forum you are welcome to a pack of seeds on my dime. For the sake of this giveaway lets say you need to have been here at least 2 years (Join date 8/3/2012 or prior) and have at least 500 posts.
1) DrWurm, thanks! Always wanted to take a swing at these. 8-5-14
2) ellisonk001 - Thanks! 8-12-14
3) That One Guy-thanks :) 8-5-14
4)hcarlton-fantastic generosity! 8-7-14
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

If you place an order through my store, I will add a pack to your order for free. (while spaces below last...) Put your forum name here, and some clue that will link you to the order, or PM me....
1) cbennett4041 8-5-14
2) Zath (will PM) 8-6-14
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

*Get them shipped on your dime.

If you don't want to support the forum by becoming a Thank You member, or buying anything from the store, and are not a long standing/participating member as mentioned above.... I will let some go via SASE. But not yet.... We will let this run a little bit to see how many packs I have left over and go from there. So feel free to start the list, but having your name on it doesn't guarantee you will get any... It all depends on what is left after the above people get theirs. I will let at least 5 packs go this way, by random number generator...

1) Psycho Sarah
2) Nikki630 - thanks
3) Eric- Thanks!
4) samolo
5) ps3isawesome thanks for the reminder,
6)jeremy
7)
8)
etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeds have arrived, thanks again!

My seeds arrived today, thanks!

Seeds arrived today! Thanks Andrew!

So people got a whole flower stalk? That is a lot of seeds.

No they're not getting a whole flower stalk. They're getting a pinch basically....

No they're not getting a whole flower stalk. They're getting a pinch basically....

So that means a lot of people will be getting seeds then, yay! I might still have a chance then maybe.

Offer is now closed.

Not very many SASE requests, so I'll stick 5 packs of seeds...

4 6 3 1 5

Random numbers generated Aug 15 2014 at 19:33:42 by www.psychicscience.org
Free educational resources for parapsychology and psychical research.

I will PM you an address to mail your SASE to for the free Nepenthes seeds.
Good luck!
Andrew

...who am I to leave one person out? Nikki630 wins too! :D

Everyone gets seeds! Yay! Yay! Yay!

thank you thank you !!!! everyone wins!!

anyone have recommendations on how to grow nepenthes from seed? gracias

Last edited:
thank you thank you !!!! everyone wins!!

anyone have recommendations on how to grow nepenthes from seed? gracias

Yeah. Lots of light, high humidity, watch for fungus, and same conditions as adult nepenthes otherwise except keep the soil a little more moist.

Yeah. Lots of light, high humidity, watch for fungus, and same conditions as adult nepenthes otherwise except keep the soil a little more moist.

Everything said here, but I would use a peat/sand mix to ensure that the seeds have good contact with the medium. I would also highly recommend watering from the bottom, with occasional misting.

Overall, they are not very hard to germinate and grow, but patience is a necessity. ;)

5 going out today, 1 still hasn't arrived...

Good luck!
Andrew

Received and sent
Samolo
Nikki630
Psycho Sarah
Eric
ps3isawesome

One has dog hair in the tape (as a lot of my packages that go out end up with :X ) Diva says sorry! haha

P7310216.JPG

Last edited:
just got the seeds, thanks !!! I've been waiting to buy a ventricosa and maxima, now i have both in one ^_^. It's as if you read my mind, esp since I just bought 4 new nepenthes and was wondering if i should get one with Ventricosa x maxima.

with the amount of seeds you gave me, how many pots should I have for them?

just got the seeds, thanks !!! I've been waiting to buy a ventricosa and maxima, now i have both in one ^_^. It's as if you read my mind, esp since I just bought 4 new nepenthes and was wondering if i should get one with Ventricosa x maxima.

with the amount of seeds you gave me, how many pots should I have for them?

As many as it takes to get seeds lying flat against the media without touching each other much, especially not the center of the seeds.

Back