Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seeking Genlisea

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    Perhaps this is a name to add to the "deadbeat traders" list?
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...t-Traders-List
    Paul, the mods here (or at least the one I contacted) no longer feel that it's necessary to warn people of deadbeat traders. They're fine with us occasionally getting ripped off on here since the majority of them aren't even active members anymore.

After a few PM's between pearldiver and myself we have concluded that it was indeed the same person. It is a member going by the name "gr8oz". It's possible that this person is still active on here under a new name so keep your guard up people and spread the word about any deadbeats that we have lurking the threads here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've noticed that there are a number of mods that haven't been on here for years. I've sure more active members would love to help out. I for one would love to see a updated deadbeat list. Got a few names that come to mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu138 View Post
    Paul, the mods here (or at least the one I contacted) no longer feel that it's necessary to warn people of deadbeat traders. They're fine with us occasionally getting ripped off on here since the majority of them aren't even active members anymore.
    This is a patently untrue statement. If there is a problem bring it to a Mod and it will be dealt with. If you feel that the Mod you went to is not helping you then go to a different Mod or the Admin. We are all rather easy to reach

After a few PM's between pearldiver and myself we have concluded that it was indeed the same person. It is a member going by the name "gr8oz". It's possible that this person is still active on here under a new name so keep your guard up people and spread the word about any deadbeats that we have lurking the threads here.
    Years ago I had an issue with this same person, took him a year to complete a trade with me and he claimed he "just forgot". Since he made good on the trade I did not 'deadbeat' him. I will see what I can do from my end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcal View Post
    I for one would love to see a updated deadbeat list. Got a few names that come to mind.
    Please let us Mods or the Admin know so we can look into them
    Last edited by Pyro; 08-18-2014 at 05:33 AM.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    This is a patently untrue statement. If there is a problem bring it to a Mod and it will be dealt with. If you feel that the Mod you went to is not helping you then go to a different Mod or the Admin. We are all rather easy to reach

Please let us Mods or the Admin know so we can look into them
    I only had one real issue with a member on here and it was a while back. The Mod I spoke with just gave me the ol' brush off big time. I had to let other members know myself to be wary of this person. This person's activity here ceased after several people he was trying to trade with called him on it.

It is very true that many of the moderators on here are not very active members. It might be time for some new ones. I'm sure there are several stand up active members who wouldn't mind taking up the responsibility. Several names immediately come to mind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and by the way .....even though this topic has been derailed, I've offered to send pearldiver a few Genlisea this week. His thread was not in vain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only had one real issue with a member on here and it was a while back. The Mod I spoke with just gave me the ol' brush off big time. I had to let other members know myself to be wary of this person. This person's activity here ceased after several people he was trying to trade with called him on it.
    And while I can understand a level of frustration at that one Mod in particular, using that single case to make the broad, sweeping statement that all the Mods here just plain do not care if people get ripped off is perhaps going a bit too far. Yes?

If you are bothered with how one Mod handled a situation then, as I said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    If you feel that the Mod you went to is not helping you then go to a different Mod or the Admin.
    The Mods are here to help/

It is very true that many of the moderators on here are not very active members. It might be time for some new ones. I'm sure there are several stand up active members who wouldn't mind taking up the responsibility. Several names immediately come to mind.
    I do not deny that some of the Mods are inactive, heck, I myself fall a bit into that category. But just because I am not making daily posts does not mean I am totally ignoring the goings on here. I look into every report that comes my way. But we as Mods cannot do anything if people do not report it. Especially in a case like this
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My comment was to intentionally light the proverbial fire under the *** of those Mods who are still paying attention. It relieves me to see that at least some of you are still awake.

I still however think it's time for some fresh blood with the Mods on here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still think an updated deadbeats list would be useful. There is an occasional individual who - either by intent or by carelessness - doesn't hold up their end of a trade agreement, and deserves to have a warning buoy assigned to them as a warning to others.
    Last edited by Whimgrinder; 08-18-2014 at 07:07 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast