What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeking Genlisea

Just to finish up or whatever, one trade with this person went well some time ago, after that things went sour. There was communication for a time, so I thought it would eventually suss itself out. I guess not.

Not to be a thorn here, but the "deadbeat" list has not been updated since 2009. I find it difficult to believe that there have been no reports regarding unscrupulous traders since then. Perhaps there wasn't sufficient evidence to ostracize them by adding them to the list, but I can think of several off the top of my head who were effectively banned for this reason, so there must have been knowledge of these instances.

I have no problem with simply banning the offenders, but shouldn't we do away with the thread altogether if that's the case?

Last edited:
I understand both sides of this debate.
I have had 2 reports go unchecked. Didn't think about bubbling it up farther but you can get quickly discouraged when a report(s) goes unchecked.

After a few PM's between pearldiver and myself we have concluded that it was indeed the same person. It is a member going by the name "gr8oz". It's possible that this person is still active on here under a new name so keep your guard up people and spread the word about any deadbeats that we have lurking the threads here.

I also had an agreement with "gr8oz" for some Genlisea earlier this year; I sent his plants but I have not received anything for 5 months now (last I had heard, it was "too cold to ship"). I already messaged Andy about the situation... I'm sad to hear that this happened to more than a few people.

I remember that as well. Too cold to ship that is. And at least three messages give or take, "will ship out tomorrow, next week", etc.

I might, just might have seen a sale offering for the aforementioned plants out there on the web. Perhaps, some TF members expressed an interest in a purchase from that person. If you recognize yourself in this, and have not completed the transaction, you might want to rethink it, or read this thread. Or maybe not. It is totally your call. Caveat Emptor.

Back