What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LF N. madagascariensis

I know this lowlander used to be widely available, but I haven't run across it in a while, so I'm not sure what the current market value of it is. If anyone has a cutting/plant for trade, I'd like to hear about it.

As far as Neps go, I have a N. hookeriana with 8" leafspan or so I'd be willing to part with. It's grown a bit since this picture was taken, but still has a green base color w/red stripes. It grows rapidly in my lowland conditions, producing a larger leaf each time it produces a new leaf, and pitchers very well.

If you're interested in non-Neps, I have a mix of plants that I'm happy to mix and match -

I have a duplicate of nearly every Drosera and terrestrial Utric on my list, as well as P. gigantea, P. Sethos, and some Sarrs. Most of my Sarrs are unlabeled hybrids though, so I doubt they'd be worth much of anything.

Thanks,
-N

This plant unfortunately can't be grown from cuttings or pullings. Let me know if you don't have any luck, I should have seed from mine this winter some time.

Really? That's remarkable. I wasn't aware any Nepenthes couldn't be grown from cuttings. (I knew some, like amps, are more difficult, but interesting).

Thanks!

I'm sorry Natch, I saw "D.madagascariensis". Been a long week. Carry on !

D. madagascariensis is easily grown from cuttings or pullings. N. madagascariensis I would not be surprised if it's one of the hard species to propagate that way.

Back