Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drosera seed trade

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It gets slightly different conditions than most of my other Drosera. Many of my SA Drosera are grown in the basement where it stays much cooler under T5's with high humidity domes over the trays. Bright light, cool temps and high humidity are needed to grow most of these plants well. Some of the easier SA species are graomogolensis, tomentosa, latifolia and spiralis. They don't seem as sensitive to temperature and humidity as many of the others and are much better choices to start with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice. I don't have any South American sundews but from what I've heard from you guys and what I'm finding online, it appears graomogolensis is likely the most adaptable and would be the best choice to start with. I've read that all south american dews are supposed to be self-fertile, including graomogolensis, however they produce significantly more (and more viable) seed when cross-pollinated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Undoubtedly D.graomogolensis would be the best choice to start with. It's a very forgiving species.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok sweet. So to anyone reading this who is interested I'd still trade for any of the plants I mentioned however I'd prefer to start w/ D. graomogolensis.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump :-)

By all means if anybody has any Drosera seeds they wish to trade (preferably varieties that can be grown in sub tropical conditions w/o a dormancy) I'd love to hear from you. Post or PM.

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12