What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes boschiana pollen soon

My male N. boschiana (Click link at left to see a photo) is coming into flower in the next few weeks and I anticipate having enough pollen to spread some around. Priority will be given to anyone with a female boschiana, of course.

Hello Paul,

Well, I just went out with a flashlight and peeked at the female N. boschiana. Unfortunately, all but a few flowers on the latest spike have opened, so it may be too late. There is another one at my previous location and I will take a look later today...they bloom frequently.

Cheers,
Paul

Hello Paul,

Well, I just went out with a flashlight and peeked at the female N. boschiana. Unfortunately, all but a few flowers on the latest spike have opened, so it may be too late. There is another one at my previous location and I will take a look later today...they bloom frequently.

Cheers,
Paul

Well I see it's not quite midnight, so I'll be checking tomorrow!

Hello Paul,

Cheers,
Paul

Let me know what you find out, Paul. It's going to be at least two weeks before the first blooms open here.

Sorry, Paul
Most flowers on the latest spike on second plant are open. Maybe 20 or so left -- disappointing...

I only got a couple seedlings from a previous attempt. The N. boschiana pollen had been frozen for a long time before it
was mailed to me and only a few embryos resulted.

Hope another potential "mom" checks in,
Paul

Back