Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Nepenthes boschiana pollen soon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nepenthes boschiana pollen soon

My male N. boschiana (Click link at left to see a photo) is coming into flower in the next few weeks and I anticipate having enough pollen to spread some around. Priority will be given to anyone with a female boschiana, of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Paul,

Well, I just went out with a flashlight and peeked at the female N. boschiana. Unfortunately, all but a few flowers on the latest spike have opened, so it may be too late. There is another one at my previous location and I will take a look later today...they bloom frequently.

Cheers,
    Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by killerplantsguy View Post
    Hello Paul,

Well, I just went out with a flashlight and peeked at the female N. boschiana. Unfortunately, all but a few flowers on the latest spike have opened, so it may be too late. There is another one at my previous location and I will take a look later today...they bloom frequently.

Cheers,
    Paul
    Well I see it's not quite midnight, so I'll be checking tomorrow!
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" - Mark Twain

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something." - Pancho Villa, last words.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by killerplantsguy View Post
    Hello Paul,

Cheers,
    Paul
    Let me know what you find out, Paul. It's going to be at least two weeks before the first blooms open here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, Paul
    Most flowers on the latest spike on second plant are open. Maybe 20 or so left -- disappointing...

I only got a couple seedlings from a previous attempt. The N. boschiana pollen had been frozen for a long time before it
    was mailed to me and only a few embryos resulted.

Hope another potential "mom" checks in,
    Paul
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" - Mark Twain

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something." - Pancho Villa, last words.