Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the cacti/plumeria fan

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the cacti/plumeria fan

The other day I saw a large cactus plant in a yard and stopped and talked with the owner. And got a couple of pieces. I do have a couple of this type, but do not usually seek out others as the tiny glochids are a pain to get out of your skin if you touch them by accident. This one was a little different with white glochids. I have extra pieces if someone here should want a pad or two.
    I have a couple of pups of this.

And the other day a neighbor heavily trimmed a plumeria, and I kept the leavings when I found em' if of interest. Flower color unknown. Size and shipping weight on these would have to be taken into account. Don't know if it would be cost effective to mail.

Send me a pm if interested - postage on you.

Ciao!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First is opuntia microdasys, Bunny Ear Cactus. Second is an Echinopsis, known for their GIANT, fragrant flowers. Good luck on the cool giveaway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how do you root the pups? do you just plant them?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much. Just put em on damp well drained soil. Let it get nearly dry before you water again. Repeat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick update. My first pulmeria cutting started to shoot out new growth! Hope the rest follow suit. These are going to be amazing out on the deck and in the green house this spring. Thanks pearldiver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aerogrower View Post
    Just a quick update. My first pulmeria cutting started to shoot out new growth! Hope the rest follow suit. These are going to be amazing out on the deck and in the green house this spring. Thanks pearldiver.
    No top growth on mine, but I can see roots growing in the ball of medium they're in.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I potted mine right in a light well drained soil, so I cant see roots but one has three "growth points" with what im guessing are leaves starting. Whatever it is its new!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bagged mine in a mix of sphagnum and perlite. No light, but near the woodstove so it stays nicely warm.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast