What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited time offer, Alaris 241-0500 Latex-Free Infusion Set with one smartsite vp

Today driving around I saw two boxes at the curb by a neighbors. Having the look of medical equipment, I decided to stop and have a look. There are probably at least twenty or more of these per box.
Labeled as not for human or people or something use, and non-sterile (though they are in individual plastic sealed packs) maybe they were for veterinary use, or a disposal code or ?? who knows?
Out of curiosity I looked up the numbers and found a registry in New York or somewhere where they were listed as in quantity $4 and change per unit though that could be an old chart and I never see medical gear that cheap. Anyway, tomorrow (Tues) is recycle pickup and these will surely be gone in the morning. By the way the insert in the package says sterile so?? If this sounds of any interest pm me asap and if you want em', I'll go and get them. If these are something you could use, don't delay. They could theoretically be snatched up by anyone anytime, though I kind of doubt it till the morning.
A kind of specialized item. And I don't need any more clutter in my garage. And I have no use for them. But if you do, you could get a bunch, cheap, postage only. Or you could email. gnixon@satx.rr.com. They look functional to me, not damaged in any apparent way. If this sounds up your alley, sing out. But do it soon. Tomorrow will probably be too late. Additional info on pack's
set length 271cm. and priming volume 16ml.

Ciao!

Curiosity got the better of me, so I picked up this stuff. There are three (at least) different packets and some instruction booklets. These may be out of date or technically obsolete, but if you have use for some medical grade tubing or injection ports or line stoppers or whatever, let me know.

Paul what diameter is the tubing? If it's the right size and is the really good stuff that doesn't kink, it can be used in spray bottles to make a sprayer that functions at any angle right to the last drop.

That is a thought. Might have to try that. On occasion I find spray bottle heads without the bottles. If cheap I buy them, as the tops often fail quickly. There are some packs with a blue plastic piece about six inches long that from a side view is shaped like an Omega. Might come in handy at some point. There are several diameters of tubing, the trouble is that with a s-load of injection ports and the like it is hard to get much of any uninterupted length of tube. I will have to let you know about actual diameters later if you wish to know. Upon further inspection there are four or more different types of packages.

By the way, big item city pickup coming in a couple of days. I found another ten gallon aquarium by a mailbox, gratis.

I'm thinking a length of tubing connected to a stub of the bottle's original intake tube. The other end run through a small worm weight. If you're not familiar with them they're bullet shaped with a hole running right down the center to feed your line through. Drill out the hole to let the tubing be inserted snugly but all the way to the tip of the pointy end of the weight. A little crimp to secure it, and voila! As long as the tubing is kink / resistant it's just a matter of getting the length right.

Back