Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sarracenia division giveaway for shipping – Round 3

Central Kentucky, United States of America
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine's still in the mail. Post offices in my area are closed due to the winter storm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got mine today, what a gorgeous plant!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Mine's still in the mail. Post offices in my area are closed due to the winter storm
    What! What ever happened to all that rain, sleet, ice, snow nonsense they used to go by? Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tweaked the nomenclature in this thread, because S. 'Scarlet Belle' is a registered cultivar, so it deserves its single quote designation. However, you had left the final "e" off of the name of S. 'Scarlet Belle', so if I am mistaken in the assumption that the missing "e" was a typo, please let me know.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 03-06-2015 at 08:14 AM.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanx guys for letting me know the plants arrived safe and sound

Sorry for the weather delaying some shippments, please let me know if the plants survive the delay.
    Last edited by DJ57; 03-05-2015 at 09:49 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Clemens View Post
    I tweaked the nomenclature in this thread, because S. 'Scarlet Belle' is a registered cultivars, so it deserves its single quote designation. However, you had left the final "e" off of the name of S. 'Scarlet Belle', so if I am mistaken in the assumption that the missing "e" was a typo, please let me know.
    Hey, I don’t bite - a simple PM to me would have sufficed. I don’t appreciate you taking it upon yourself to alter my post without any communication with me in private about it, giving me the opportunity to edit the entry myself. There are better ways to go about educating people, pissing people off is not one of them.
    Last edited by DJ57; 03-05-2015 at 09:51 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 03-05-2015 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Nomenclature - S. 'Scarlet Belle' is a registered cultivars"

correction, cultivars should not be plural.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not intend for this to be a bash session of someone I don’t even know and I apologize to Joseph for that. Being human, in a weak moment I reacted impulsively to something that really irritated me. My problem was not with the correction itself, which needed to be done; my problem was simply how it was done. I have never met Joseph in person or communicated with him in private, but I am sure he is a very nice person with a lot to offer this community.

I do get what Joseph is trying to do with correcting plant names to try to help with the huge problem there is with mislabeling of plants and I commend him on the passion he has for that. I have been the recipient of many mislabeled plants myself and it is frustrating. In the casual atmosphere of this forum, I admit I have been sloppy with names such as in my giveaway posts, and sometimes wrongly assume everybody knows what I am talking about without giving thought to the consequences. This makes me part of the problem.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast