1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know of a source of raff pollen....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know someone with a male lowii flowering currently.
    Correction: will be flowering in a week or two.
    Last edited by Heli; 02-26-2015 at 07:17 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heli View Post
    I know someone with a male lowii flowering currently.
    Correction: will be flowering in a week or two.
    That'll be too late. I don't think those would be well suited anyway. But thanks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. rafflesiana pollen would almost certainly provide the toothiest offspring out of the aforementioned species.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexenthes View Post
    N. rafflesiana pollen would almost certainly provide the toothiest offspring out of the aforementioned species.
    EP has done that cross before, or well, they've done the reverse cross. Uppers are very dull and like many hamata crosses very soft, also why I think a tall bosch would be second best to ovata ;-) ;-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. rafflesiana doesn't interest me either. As Christian has pointed out, it's another very soft-bodied pitcher and I'm not especially fond of thin-walled pitchers.

I'm not interested in any further speculation on making various hybrids. I'm not likely going to pollinate this round of flowers at all, given the inavailability of hamata pollen. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post

I'm not interested in any further speculation on making various hybrids. I'm not likely going to pollinate this round of flowers at all, given the inavailability of hamata pollen. Thanks for the suggestions though.
    At least you now know the plant's gender. You may be able to find pollen easier the next time now that it's a known female. From now, until it blooms again, you could find some suitable pollen to store, or even be lucky enough to find a male in bloom at the same time. If nothing else, you've definitively proven that there ARE female N. hamata in widespread cultivation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    If nothing else, you've definitively proven that there ARE female N. hamata in widespread cultivation.
    The fact that its a Wistuba clone is noteworthy, since the popular mythology (and thats exactly what it is: a myth) is that the Wistuba hamatas are all male, which obviously is not the case. The same myth exists for BE plants - many people have gleefully stated that all BE species are males because they cull all females from their stock, which is utter nonsense, of course. I have one of the BE singalana Belirang clones and it is flowering right now, and its female.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast