Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [LF] any sarracenia giveaways for an outdoor grow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[LF] any sarracenia giveaways for an outdoor grow

hey guys been a long time, I used to grow nepenthe a in SoCal then moved to AZ with nothing but a southern facing windowsill but most of my plants died off from scale . I managed to save a couple cuttings and since moved to PNW in Portland and bought a house.

Wanting to set up sort of a bog area in the backyard to teach my 3 toddlers about carnivorous plants, sarr's can take the weather here pretty well as I understand it.

Does any of you have any kind of sarracenia cuttings youd be willing to ship for postage?

Don't want to sound greedy and willing to wait for giveaways if that's the case :-)

Thanks guys!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You actually just missed a bunch of free sarracenia divisions at the local meeting here in Portland last month, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimbulan View Post
    You actually just missed a bunch of free sarracenia divisions at the local meeting here in Portland last month, unfortunately.

aww bummer!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by siccmade View Post
    aww bummer!
    Come join us at the Portland CP group meets held the second Saturday of each month, the next one will be Saturday, April 11. New faces are always welcome! Details here: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...in-Portland-OR Meets are held at the same place (Moon & Sixpence British Pub in Portland), at the same time (3 pm), and always the second Saturday of each month.

I will not be at the April meet, but I will be there in May and will most likely be bringing more sarracenia for giveaway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes me want to move to Portland too It's awesome that the group is so sharing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2) Patience is a virtue! Postings soley to ask for free plants is greedy. Everyone here knows what it's like to be a newbie, and to want them ALL right NOW. Just wait, and check the trading forums....free plants get offered by growers periodically. If there is some specific plant you're after, go ahead and post a "I'm looking for a...," but please state what you have for trade in your post. Do not abuse the generosity of the membership. And don't jump in on EVERY give-away. Let others have a chance.

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...RULES-AND-INFO

Last edited by Acro; 04-08-2015 at 03:15 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be remiss in not pointing out that the NASC Auction listings are starting to pour in, and loads of great plants can be had at reasonable prices - and a great project will be supported in the process!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be putting together a sort of bog in a box to list this weekend. It will consist of at least one Sarracenia and several associate plants from my zone 6B outdoor bog.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast