What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some assistance locating some plants.

Hello everyone!

Chris here, I have not posted in a while, if you do not remember me I was the guy who did the Carnivora Gardinum timelapse video for carnivorous plants.

I have a new project that I am working on, and I am trying to track down two types of plants. I am looking for 6 - 8 of each plant.

Drosera neocaledonica
Nepenthes vieillardii

I am willing to pay. I do not need them forever, just 6-8 months or as long as needed to get the footage. Once I am done with filming I would be happy to send them back to you.
I do have some experience keeping these alive, I have a drosera and a nepethene that i have kept alive and happy for over a year :)

Unfortunately I cannot give any other details of this project, but I am hoping somebody on here might know somebody who has some of these wonderful plants!

-Chris

You may want to try one of the European vendors. Neither of those species are very common in the U.S.

Last edited:
Yeah, I would definitely look into the European vendors. Sometimes there's group orders that you can jump on to reduce the import fees.

Just as a note, care for different species of Nepenthes and Drosera can be very different from others in the genus, and these two aren't the easiest. Do lots of homework before you buy/lend. :)

Last edited:
D. neocaledonica is actually relatively easy to care for, in my experience. Sadly, mine are not yet large enough to propagate, so can't help out there yet....

Thank you everyone.
if worst comes to worst I'm sure the production team would sport for the cost to import from overseas, but it would certainly be ideal to find some in the US.

hcarlton I am actually located in Littleton colorado, just south west of you.

The sundews are my primary concern for locating. I have seen lots of images of Nepenthes vieillardii, that could probably be substituted as there are many that are extremely similar looking, I would suspect it would take a very trained eye to notice. The sundews on the other hand, i have not seen anything that could fill in for it. I gotta say, the Drosera neocaledonica is about the cutest little thing i have seen.

Hey Chronos, we're having a Colorado Carnivorous Plant Society meeting on May 23 at Jeremiah's greenhouse in Colorado Springs.

bluemax/Chronos- remember that the looking to buy section is only for thank you members... I've allowed this out of the box situation of looking to rent plants since it is an interesting project and I enjoyed his last, but he still doesn't have necessary permissions to post in that forum.

Good luck on your hunt!
Andrew

Hey Chronos, we're having a Colorado Carnivorous Plant Society meeting on May 23 at Jeremiah's greenhouse in Colorado Springs.

That sounds like it may be fun! Ill look it up and see if there is a website or something. Thank you!

bluemax/Chronos- remember that the looking to buy section is only for thank you members... I've allowed this out of the box situation of looking to rent plants since it is an interesting project and I enjoyed his last, but he still doesn't have necessary permissions to post in that forum.

Good luck on your hunt!
Andrew

Thank you! I assumed the issue was a lack of posting, I have seen that on other forums. I did try though, and i really appreciate your patience :)

Andrew has a good eye for hitting the curveballs this forum throws at him!

Back