What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ngantnier

Formerly pond boy
Hi, many of my plants are doing well and reproducing. Thus in the spirit of spring and the genorosity shown to me over the years in the boards I'm doing a giveaway! The winning member will receive at least one plant of the following genera. Nepenthes, Drosera, Pinguicula, Sarracrnia, Utricularia, and Dionaea. I will likely send more than one of each genera though, depending on what fits in a small flat rate box. I will pay shipping!

Rules: This Giveaway is for new growers only. To be defined as a grower with 20 or fewer plants OR has only been growing for less than a year. I won't be strict about that though, I mean if you have say 23 plants that's fine, use your own judgement. Must be able to provide proper care for these plants and be willing to research them. Within the year please do a giveaway-pay it forward.

Winner will be selected by random number generator Wednesday night and plants will be sent on Monday. Good luck!

Last edited:
This is a fantastic giveaway!

Good luck to all who qualify, and it's great to see such generosity!

Generous offer!

Would "less than 20 plants" constitute 20 different plants or just 20 plants total? (So if one had 30 Drosera capensis -- seedlings, cuttings, what have you -- would that disqualify the candidate?)

Last edited:
By "20" plants I mean 20 different species. 1000 D.capensis would count as one plant in my mind.

Last edited:
Ngantnier you are positively awesome! I do not qualify as a new grower but good luck to everyone =) . I am an old grower starting again from scratch. My "plantsitter" killed my entire collection while away on work. Goodtimes

Man, I wish I had joined this forum when I was just getting into the hobby, great opportunity for new growers!

Knuckles, you can enter if you're interested. The reason I put qualifications is so the plants go to someone who's building their collection to get them started and doesn't have anything to trade...I've been there, it can be hard to find someone who can properly care for your plants in your absence.

Ngantnier, this is an awesome giveaway! I guess Ill be the first to enter! In my first 8 or so months of growing I have acquired: N. singalana, an unknown home depot Nepenthes, D. capensis, a few unknown Sarracenia from a rhizome sale, and a couple B52 flytraps. Such a rewarding hobby, and I love that the community that supports it is so generous and helpful.

1. AnIsleAteHer - thanks for the awesome opportunity!

Yay! Good luck 2 every1. Win or lose, I will definitely remember this and help out a newbie in the future when my collection grows. Thanks!

2. Knuckles

Great giveaway! It's the best thing to get someone's hobby going :)

1. AnIsleAteHer
2. Knuckles

I've been growing Neps since high school but gave them up when I started college. Now I'm a junior and back in the hobby (since I have my own apartment), with less than 20 neps. So I hope I qualify :)... This is a very awesome and generous giveaway Ngantnier! Count on that same generosity from me later (Started 3 of my friends growing neps and sundews ^_^)!

2. Knuckles
3.raiseitup01

Last edited:
I started my collection a little under 2 years ago, but have been slow to add much to it, so this would be amazing, thank you so much!

2. Knuckles
3.raiseitup01
4 . Darlantin

2. Knuckles
3.raiseitup01
4 . Darlantin
5. DragonsEye

And the winner is.....anisleateher, please pm me with shipping details.

Wahoo! Will send info as soon as you have room in your inbox! Thanks, I'm super excited!

Congratulations! Take pictures for us later plz

Sorry about that! Didn't realize it was full....there's space now.

Congrats! :beer:

Back