What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Pollen Needed For Female N.singalana

I have a female N.singalana in bloom and need some pollen for her. I would prefer pollen from N.singalana but, I know this is a long shot. Will entertain all reasonable offers. Standard 50/50 split on all seeds. There are enough flowers to do several crosses if needed.

Thanks !

Don't know about singalana, but I think Andrew has madigascarensis, and I've seen a couple posts recently about bicals and, I think, spectabilis.

bical x singalana would sure be a nice looking cross.

I'm not sure that N.madagascariensis would make for a very interesting hybrid. I think Kevin's N.biclacarata might be a bit too far behind mine to get the pollen in time. N.singalana x spectabilis ? Seen the reverse cross..... meh. Wouldn't be interested in making any more of those.

Could do a semi-backcross, I have (inermis x singalana) x mira pollen available. I also have some 'Rebecca Soper' pollen just starting to be collected, and the usual x mixta and 'Miranda'

I'd rather stick to primary hybrids if possible, Hawken. Thanks for the offer though.

I've got another ramispina flower about ready.

Johnny, I have messaged you about two other options I just discovered this evening.

Johnny, if you hear from someone with N. singalana pollen and they have plenty, please have them contact me if possible (or I suppose they could do it directly). I have a local friend with a female N. singalana in essentially continuous bloom. This is someone who is well known in other plant circles, but just grows a few Nepenthes. He has pollinated it with N. bongso (purple form) pollen from another plant of his, but is not too enthusiastic about making hybrid seed; he'd rather make the pure species. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back