Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wildflower Seed Giveaway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wildflower Seed Giveaway

I have some seed from a couple eastern US native wildflowers, Wood Poppy, Stylophorum diphyllum, and common Columbine, Aquilegia canadensis. Never having grown either from seed intentionally I can't say what they would require in terms of stratification, if any. They both self seed vigorously under good conditions. Being native to the eastern US, a cold damp stratification isn't going to hurt! Shipping will be on me, only qualifications are that you be a participating member of the community, and live in the US. Winning number selected Sunday, 6/28 by my grandson.

Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fresh A. canadensis seed germinates without stratification, but if it hardens off for too long they will benefit from 3-4 weeks of stratification. I let my wood poppies self-seed too, and since they appear to sprout mostly in spring I'm gonna say they'll probably need some cold as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info Kevin!
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.