What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wildflower Seed Giveaway

SubRosa

BS Bulldozer
I have some seed from a couple eastern US native wildflowers, Wood Poppy, Stylophorum diphyllum, and common Columbine, Aquilegia canadensis. Never having grown either from seed intentionally I can't say what they would require in terms of stratification, if any. They both self seed vigorously under good conditions. Being native to the eastern US, a cold damp stratification isn't going to hurt! Shipping will be on me, only qualifications are that you be a participating member of the community, and live in the US. Winning number selected Sunday, 6/28 by my grandson.

Fresh A. canadensis seed germinates without stratification, but if it hardens off for too long they will benefit from 3-4 weeks of stratification. I let my wood poppies self-seed too, and since they appear to sprout mostly in spring I'm gonna say they'll probably need some cold as well.

Thanks for the info Kevin!

Back