What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fresh Nepenthes seed giveaway!

Anyone kno if these are HL or Intermediate seed just wanna kno what to label them as? Just cause I'm usually a species grower so dunno if all are HL or a mix ...thanks

This would be generally a lowland cross; whatever the "thorelii" was (most likely bokorensis or smilesii) is lowland, campanulata is lowland, platychila is intermediate/possibly highland.
So far, have several sprouts

Potentially, I already have sprouts from this cross. I'll have to go through and double check since it's an unlabeled container, but I do have a healthy crop of Neps coming up from the container I believe contains these guys.

I have 3 sprouts,but I'm not sure they're Neps.

I'm going to let them grow for a bit to make sure,but they look kind of "grassy" to me.

Nepenthes sprouts definitely won't look like grass. They have 2 small, oblanceolate cotyledons normally, before small pitcher leaves form.

This is what recently germinated Nepenthes seedlings look like:
20140723-204734-74854616.jpg

Back