What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rare Anthurium Giveaway!!!

I received some seedlings from the curator at the Huntington with permission to give them away to friends. It's a new species of Anthurium from Ecuador, Anthurium lappoanum, last sold on ebay for $46. It gets about 18"-24" tall and does well in a cooler environment, would probably be ok as a humid houseplant or in a cool greenhouse or larger terrarium. The plants available are several inch tall seedlings fresh from a plug tray and ready to be potted up into a 3" or so pot. Shipping is to be paid by the winner and will be sent USPS Priority. I'll put three of these guys up for grabs and will do it as a random number drawing around 8:00 pm July 5th. You guys know the drill :)
Here is a picture of the adult in the cloud forest section of the conservatory.

Last edited:
1. RandyS--Thanks!

Bonnie, do you know what elevation it's from?

Great give away wish i have funds to spare, maybe ill enter at a later time if i dont use the funds i put aside incase i win another drawing entered -
goodluck to everyone

No clue Randy, the place we got it from doesn't keep collection data, but I'm going to guess higher given the temps they're growing it in.

1. RandyS--Thanks!
2. aerogrower--Thank you for the chance at these!

1. RandyS--Thanks!
3. Cthulhu138 - Thanks Bonnie ! Cool plant !

1. RandyS--Thanks!
4. Daniel - Happy 4th of July

*1.RandyS--Thanks!
4. Daniel - Happy 4th of July
5. FBImurders -thanks in love the H

.. [removed my own post - had second thoughts]

Last edited:
Since I didn't get many replies I'll just give one each to the 5 of you. If you're local in SoCal and just want to pick it up let me know, otherwise please pm me for paypal info. Thanks :)

Kicking myself for being late on this one

ME as well, However my space is non existent..

Congrats to the winners of such a generous and unusual giveaway!

The winners should thank us for not entering then... we are so generous. Heres my you're:welcome: in advance to all the thank you cards we will soon be receiving. lol

Thank you Bonnie very generous to do that. Pm sent.

Bonnie my plant came today in perfect condition. Thank you again and I will be sure to post updates periodically.

Mine just got here. Thanks Bonnie !

Back