What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hippeastrum papilio Giveaway x 2

Someone very generously gave me some Hippeastrum papilio bulbs. Along with the 5 large bulbs were attached offsets. Some of the offsets fell off in transit, and I'm offering them here as two sets, to be given by random number in a week.

Winners pay shipping.

This is a species Hippeastrum, not a hybrid. Flowers are spectacular. I don't have a decent photo (except of a wilted flower) so I'll give a link with both info and pictures:

http://www.pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswiki/index.php/Hippeastrum_papilio

Here are the bulbs, which I've divided into two sets. There are 5 bulbs in each, although in one the top has been broken off. In the other, the fifth bulb is much smaller.

I asked a friend who grows Hippeastrums about the red color. There is a fungal disease (red blotch) that produces streaks and spots on the plants and bulbs. I understand the bulbs also become reddish where the surface is slightly damaged or bruised. My friend was not concerned with these.

Last edited:
1. Axelrod12 - Another awesome giveaway Randy! You come by some interesting stuff.

1. Axelrod12 - Another awesome giveaway Randy! You come by some interesting stuff.
2. hcarlton-those flowers are just interesting enough that I have to enter...

3. 801229001- wow! thanks for the giveaway

4.boggyboy72-Thanks for the chance.My sister has a B-Day coming up and would love these.

4.boggyboy72-Thanks for the chance.My sister has a B-Day coming up and would love these.
5. goods- Great species!

5. goods- Great species!
6. afrodisa

Sorry, I meant to do this a day ago...

Random.org says #4 and #6 (boggyboy72 and afrodisa).

Back