Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Drosera esmeraldae

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drosera esmeraldae

All -

I have several young (slightly less than dime-sized) Drosera esmeraldae plants for trade. These are ~6 month old seedlings. The come from seed produced by my mother plant (flowers), which appears to match all the characteristics of the true species and was given to me by a reputable source. When adults, these plants should look like this.

I've had success growing this species in a tank with high humidity, daytime temperatures which rarely reach 80 and nighttime temperatures in the 50s to low 60s, i.e. my ultra-highland tank. In my environment, it grows near D. latifolia and D. montana var. tomentosa/D.tomentosa.

I am looking to trade for other highland tropical/tepui-dwelling Drosera except D. latifolia and D. tomentosa. I am willing to postpone trades until temperatures cool down.

Plants will be shipped potted.

Thanks,
    -N
    Last edited by NatchGreyes; 09-02-2015 at 07:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NatchGreyes View Post
    All -

I have several young (slightly less than dime-sized) Drosera esmeraldae plants for trade. These are ~6 month old seedlings. The come from seed produced by my mother plant (flowers), which appears to match all the characteristics of the true species and was given to me by a reputable source. When adults, these plants should look like this.

I've had success growing this species in a tank with high humidity, daytime temperatures which rarely reach 80 and nighttime temperatures in the 50s to low 60s, i.e. my ultra-highland tank. In my environment, it grows near D. latifolia and D. montana var. tomentosa/D.tomentosa.

I am looking to trade for other highland tropical/tepui-dwelling Drosera except D. latifolia and D. tomentosa. I am willing to postpone trades until temperatures cool down.

Plants will be shipped potted.

Thanks,
    -N
    WOW!!! Never saw a Drosera that formed pitchers before!
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have offered D. spiralis, but when I checked on them this morning they had all melted to nothing. Gah!
    "Potential has a shelf life." -Margaret Atwood
    My meager growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you be interested in D. kaieteurensis (Chimanta Tepui) ? I have one about the size of an index finger-nail, but it's already flowered so I don't think it gets much bigger.
    "Potential has a shelf life." -Margaret Atwood
    My meager growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PMed you w03