What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes seeds: N. hamata X N. tenuis.

img_0297.jpg

I have one lot of N. hamata X tenuis seed left and I'm going to give it to an active member of TF. To be eligible you must meet three requirements:

1) you must have prior successful experience raising Nepenthes from seed.
2) you must be willing, able and ready to conduct a giveaway yourself. (Must be within the next three months)
3) you must be an active TF contributor with a minimum of 454 posts to your credit.

This is undoubtedly the first time this hybrid has ever been made before, and so in my mind, these seeds have value. As such, I am setting parameters to ensure they go to someone who is capable of, and committed to, raising seedlings.

Make a numbered list, good old copy and paste style to indicate your interest. I will select a recipient sometime in the next couple days.

Last edited:
Wow, an absolutely fantastic giveaway, to say the least. I'll throw my name into the hat. Thank you for the generosity, and the best of luck to all who enter, I just hope the winner keeps everyone updated with pictures!

1. vbkid

1. vbkid
2. BigBella -- it would be nice to throw a few on jello! Grazie mille!

VERY nice! But I'm curious. 454 seems a rather unusual number to pull out of thin air......you haven't picked up an early 70s Vette you failed to mention have you?

1. vbkid
3. charlie - Amazing give away! still in awe that such a cross has now been created :D :D :D :D THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU

Proof that I can raise seeds succesfully
DSC_00062.jpg

Random seedlings and here is a seedling from yur last giveaway:
CSC_0018.jpg

1. vbkid
3. charlie - Amazing give away! still in awe that such a cross has now been created THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU
4. SgtSarracenia- wow!!! That's a treasure!!!

Last edited:
This will be an amazing cross, very interested to see them grow up.
Best of luck to the winner

I am very excited to see what this cross will look like. Whoever the winner is, keep us updated!

The Winner: David/BigBella: please PM me your mailing info and I will send the seeds out ASAP. Thanks for your interest in this cross, and best of luck!

Paul

keep us updated on how these turn out please

Ditto. Can't wait to see how these turn out.

Back