User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nepenthes and Drosera for new members, Begonia for anyone.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the winners are:

Beginner plants:
    1. Europa_13

Begonias:
    Catrus, and flora, Both of yall won!

Congrats to all the winners!
    Please send $6 via Paypal as a gift to nrobinson@gmail.com and PM me with your shipping address.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay! Thank you! So much! I'll Send you a PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Catrus,

Your PM box is full. Please send money shipping details sometime this week. I will be leaving the state for work on Sunday so I would like to get them out this week or you'll have to wait till mid November

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nepenthes and Drosera for new members, Begonia for anyone.

Thanks AnIsleAteHer for the healthy plants! Here's a picture of the Nepenthes x ventrata (correct nomenclature?) freshly settled in a new pot. It's in a clear orchid pot which is tucked inside a metal planter. The planter has about 2 inches of river rock lining the bottom to raise the pot up (I have an over-waterer in the house who waters my plants when I'm away). I lined the bottom inch of the clear pot with LFS and then filled in with the pre-rinsed mix from our local carnivorous plant nursery which has equal parts sphagnum peat moss, perlite, fir bark and sand (not play sand).
    I topped the pot with just under an inch of silica sand (attempting) to discourage fungus gnats from laying eggs in the soil. I plan on keeping the plant indoors because it's already cold outside at 50F (74% humidity at 1:45pm, can you tell I live in rainy Washington state, USA?! lol).
    I'll post a picture of the D. capensis in its new pot later, I'm a little behind on picture taking. You were right though, less than a week and it's got its dew back!
    Advice, please: would upstairs or downstairs be better for the Nepenthes x ventrata? Temps/RH below.
    Upstairs day 65-78F, 40-55 RH
    Upstairs night 50-65F, 55-60 RH
    Downstairs day 50-65F, 55-60 RH
    Downstairs night 40-55, 58-68 RH

Last edited by europa_13; 11-02-2015 at 04:05 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good =]

It would do fine in either location IMO. It might grow a little faster with higher temps so upstairs could be better. Its original conditions were 55-70 temps with about 60-70 RH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12