What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Short notice Giveway 24 hrs - Utricularia pubescens + Microgramma vaccinifolia

Package arrived! The little circular leaves are so adorable, thanks!

My box arrived last evening in good condition. Thanks a lot.

The moss is just the random terrarium moss that take over any moist surface. Spores for it are everywhere it seems, just needs the proper humidity and moisture to take off running.

Last edited:
The drosera capillaris started sprouting, got maybe 3-4 seedlings with a good amount of growth on them. U. Pubescens is growing real nice with the moss. Can post a photo if you want.

I had a D. capillaris pop up in my U. pubescens plug recently. It looks like the U. pubescens is growing a new flower stalk too, though the plant itself isn't spreading very quickly.

Those would be a 10-20th generation Drosera capillaris Boiling Springs Lake NC, the original mother plant is long gone but generations have lived on. If my memory is correct it came from Ozzy during one of the NASC auctions as an extra.

6f1b4e0d53eb6609229f126776ef703c.jpg
7d091e61613710a1c68d4f1024917a75.jpg
61cc2c3ac5aa7ff30e9061e38f318350.jpg

I'm happy with it. Put a few p. Lutea with them so I might have to move them later when the dews get larger.

d81f910707988d660eb5c6e3ed4fd536.jpg

First flower, do I have to pollinate it at all?

I never bothered to try. It always grew well enough just leaving it alone.

I have a flower stalk popping up too, but it hasn't opened yet. Oddly the plant seems to like growing leaves under the surface (I put it in a transparent container) but not at the surface.

Back