What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About to butcher a massive N. maxima, cuttings for trade

Hi all,

We've got a ginormous N. maxima encroaching on the Sarrs, and I assure you that the Nepenthes is going to lose the fight for space here. It's going to get some love that only a pair of pruners can give. The clone was purchased in the 90s from Wistuba by a friend of mine. I've been informed this is the maxima clone mistakenly sold as N. eymae, but honestly I'm much better at growing Neps than bothering with their taxonomy.

I'd like to trade a box full of this plant for Sarracenia divisions. I can quite possibly slip some N. dyeriana pieces in for you as well. Just note: the cuttings will arrive UNROOTED. My big need here is to divest of this giant plant, so expect a much higher cutting to division ratio.

Most Sarracenia would be pretty welcome, including some common things I don't have like 'Scarlet Belle' and 'Bugbat.' I am particularly a sucker for location-data divisions, S. minor (var. minor or okee), x excellens, x harperi, S. purp montana, basically any clone or locality not already on my list.

The offender is pictured below:

If you're interested, drop me a line at kevintheplantman [at] gmail [dot] com

Emailed -- didn't realize the original post was this old though! :blush:

Back