What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 NASC auction participation giveaway

DJ57

I am a CPaholic...
I would like to express appreciation to everyone who participated in the NASC auction this year. There are already giveaways posted for donors and winners, so I am posting one for those who bid on at least two items but did not win anything in the auction.

The winner will receive one division of Sarracenia leucophylla, the largest from the first photo below, one Sarracenia leucophylla ‘Tarnok’ start from the second photo, and one Sarracenia rubra gulfensis from the last photo below.

Plants will be shipped bare-root (thank you curtisconners) and I will cover shipping cost.

USA only please. I will ship to California, but it will be at the winner’s risk…if the package shipment is stopped by USPS due to CA restrictions it will not be replaced.

Drawing will be via Random.org sometime next weekend

Rules, please read carefully:

1. You must have bid on at least two items in the 2016 NASC auction, did not win any items in the auction, and be in good standing with NASC.

2. Post a link after your name to one of the items you bid on (I will check winners name for additional item).

3. Copy and paste the list from the post above yours then add your name and auction link to the list, adding numbers if necessary. Failure to follow the copy and paste rule, meaning everything on the list above your post remains intact when copied to your post, will be disqualified from the drawing.

25979741324_5712d1239c.jpg
[/url]IMG_5422.jpgx1 by Djoni C, on Flickr[/IMG]
26584939555_a1f69d313a.jpg
[/url]IMG_5420.jpgx1 by Djoni C, on Flickr[/IMG]
26599728375_3ca3ee1fe4.jpg
[/url]S. rubra gulfensis by Djoni C, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
Great idea!

No interest? Hmmm, perhaps a lot of auction bidders were only here for the auction and don't visit TF often other than at auction time?

Hmmm, perhaps a lot of auction bidders were only here for the auction and don't visit TF often other than at auction time?

I am sure there are those who do indeed fit that bill. But you undoubtably also have a few who may have only bid on one item (and thus do not qualify), and the possibility of many others if in the Great White North who may be spending most of their time with the warmer recent temps to take advantage of the opportunity to get their yards in order.

Edit: misread original post.

Last edited:
oops...read the rule again, seems that I was not qualified since I did win an item...

Dont feel bad, Ally. I was going to enter but upon rereading the rules realized I could not as I had only bid on one item which i did not win, not two items.

"those who bid on at least two items but did not win anything in the auction"

It seems that those are far and few between . . .

Last edited:
I did but I don't have space for more Sarracenia right now

Since apparently there were not enough people who bid on more than one item and the ones who did have no interest in sarracenia at this time, I will hold onto these for next year’s NASC auction :)

This giveaway is now closed.

Back