What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free u. livida portions

schloaty

Staff member
Anyone interested, PM me. Only asking for shipping, but trades will get you more!
wink.gif

Flowering? because I got a portion...but it's still small and hasn't flowered even after months...

Hi Slizarus,
Well, the portions I'm sending out don't have floweres currently...My experience tells me they need the right conditions to flower prolifically. I think you can induce flowering in livida by flooding it. If you're using the tray method, use a deep tray and top water until the water is only about 1/2" below the surface. I'm not sure, it might have been the lighting, but I think this is what got mine to flower like mad two years ago.

EVERYONE:
I've received a couple of inquiries from overseas about getting portions. Now, if your country allows you to import this plant, I have to problem sending it to you. HOWEVER: make sure it's worth the shipping cost. This is a $3 plant, if that. REALLY common.
biggrin.gif

Update:
Enoc22, losfreddy, buckeye, peter and Casper are going out today.

The Griffin, yours should be out tomorrow (or monday, depends on whether my post office is open Sat.....not sure), I just got your addy this morning.

Everyone, there is still more left!
smile.gif

hey thanks dude, i really apperciate it.
Freddy

Ok,

Going out today (wednesday):
Griffin (sorry, I know I said Monday...little late), Neprick and Sarracenia0.

Cheers!

There's still more if there are any takers.
smile.gif

I thought I PMed you about it. Maybe you didn't get my message. ? I'd be interested if you still have some left.

I'll see what happened to my PM.

Suzanne

He Suzanne,
Weird. Well, I shot you a PM, so let me know if you get it....if that doesn't work, use my e-mail: schload@divinvest.com

U. livida is a very good beginner plant. I recently started growing this plant myself. From a portion about the size of a nickle, I have a 4" square pot full and it is now flowering. Something interesting about this plant is that the flower stalk will take root and start a new plant where each flower was attached.

Hey Nick...how long did it take to grow from the nickel size to the flowering pot?

The small portion was potted up on 7/24/2003. The plant began to flower this week.
blues.gif

Hi Everyone,
Please let me know when you receive your packages. I've only gotten one confirmation so far.
rock.gif

Got mine today, Thanks a bunch. Do I just throw em in some peat/perlite or do I have to actually plant them slightly below the surface?

Casper

Hi
i got mine on friday thanks
i have mine planted in peat/pearlite/sand mixture
Thanks a bunch
Oliver

recieved mine on friday, how do you plant them by the way?

thanks!

Well, I PMed Casper with this, but instead of PMing it to everyone...here ya go on planting:
Plant it so that the green "leaves" (I put quotes becuase they're not really leaves, they're called "Photosynthetic stolons"....leaves is easier!) are still above the surface, but the white thread like parts ("roots"...again, not really roots) are under the substrate.  Pete/perlite sounds fine....livida will grow anywhere.

To add to this, sand in your mix is fine, LFS is fine....I think livida might grow in a sponge, given the chance.  I just might try this, actually .... hmmmm
smile.gif

I got mine and big thanks to you.
smile.gif
Can't wait to see how it does.

Mine arrived yesterday, thank you very much!

Joe

sorry, got mine just the other day, but completely forgot to tell you. Or did i? i dunno. hehe. Ither way thanks dude.

Back