What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Okay, here's another one

HELP!!!

My little experiment with grape seeds has gone hog wild. I have a couple of you on the list for bulbs and plants to be sent out in the fall and they will get some of these. (plants by then.)

I attempted to cultivate 250 wild grape seeds, at least half have already germinated. Its only been three days since I pulled them out of the frig. FREE FREE FREE.....Grape vine seedlings for SASE.

if you have'nt sent out my sase for the d. capensis red yet probably you can add some of those seedlings in there with em , my mom used to grow grapes but they all died .

It has already been sent. Go ahead and send another SASE. Tell your mom it could be moles. Grape vine roots are their favorite treat. They ate almost all of my vines three years running. That is why I am growing these. They are wild grapes. Good for wine and jelly, but very hardy.

ok , the reson they died was because there were alot og bugs and the sun was rteally hot .

Do they need any humidity recquire ments if not are they eddible and ill send out a sase

They are actually riverbank grapes. Yes, they are edible. They require normal watering and humidity. They are an outdoor plant and will get fairly large.

what is the lowest humiity they can grow the grapes in
do you have a pic of these grapes

Would they grow in a large pot with regular potting soil?

may i answer these questions copper , they can be grown in all sorts of soil , there not like carnivorous plants so you can just grow them like a regular garden plant . humidty does'nt matter with these plants , its just like the grapes you buy at the store . copper , how big are the seedlings and how large will these river bank grapes get .

I'll take a couple.
biggrin.gif
Please PM me your address, Copper.

I will send the seedlings when they develope their second set of leaves so they will be very small. You will probably want to baby them inside until fall. Fall is the perfect planting time. Mulch them well. They can grow fairly large at 14 to 20 foot lengths. They can be trimmed to remain smaller. They will need some support to remain nice looking and produce well.

do you think the grape seedling will survive shipping the same way i sent you the sase , you know the envelope with bubble wrap in it .

I will place them in a harder plastic again and then into the wrap. I think they will be fine. But put two stamps on the SASE for the extra weight of the plastic. That way we can be sure it will get to you.

The grape vines are growing very rapidly and can be sent out next week.

Hey, I was still wondering, if these grape vines are still available. PM me if they are
tounge.gif

Back