User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: S. purpurea var. venosa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a very nice S. purpurea var. venosa with at least 20 pitchers to trade for S. purpurea var. purpurea or other S. species or other interesting plant. I can email a photo if you're interested.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals — but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi, i dont have any cps to trade but i do have a very interesting suculent that grows baby plants at the tips of its leaves(bryophilium),some varigated water celery , purple stemed taro,floating heart and tropical water lily seeds.
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sent PM
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,
    Just to avoid confusion, it is S. purpurea SSP. venosa. Venosa is a subspecies of purpurea, as is S.purpurea ssp. purpurea. A variety would be like: S. purpurea ssp. venosa var. montana.

Cole
    Duele no tenerte cerca, duele no escuchar tu voz. Duele respirar tu ausencia, pero, duele más decirte adiós.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Cole. I'm more accustomed to referring to varieties of orchid species and completely blanked out the distinction that a venosa is a subspecies.

By the way, I'm only trading this because I don't want to have a mature specimen of the southern subspecies here in the range of the northern subspecies. So I won't be sending it to anyone else this far north. I've been removing blooms the last couple years, even though there probably aren't any native S. purpurea ssp purpureas to be pollinated within a few miles. Maybe I should also be concerned about creating leucophylla x purpurea, etc., hybrids, but I don't expect them to be very successful.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals — but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi, so are you interested in my bryophilium for a trade? i could send you 100 plantlets or 1 1 1\2 foot tall specimen for a trade. p.s. I live in southern missouri
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]