What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello again,

I am rooting some N. Tobaica cuttings.  I checked today and they are starting to root.  The best is already going out, but I have two small ones left.  The cuttings are small, but already have pitchers.  I would like to trade for Neps, but will listen to offers of anything not on my growlist.

TRAPS

Typical
Blood mouth
Clumping green
Red Dragon
Green Dragon
Dente

DROSERA

Adelae
Aliciae
Binata
Capensis
Typical
Red
Alba
Narrow
Capillaris
Dielsiana
filiformis “tracyi”
Intermedia
Marston Dragon
Madagacariensis
Natalensis
Nidiformis
Nitidula x Pulchella
Nitidula x Pygmaea
Oreopodion
Palacea ssp. Trichocaulis
Prolifera
Pulchella x ericksoniae
Rotundifolia
Spat
AWC-1
AWK-1
Unknown (2)
Giant Capillaris

UTRICS

Alpina
Calycifida
Dichotoma
Flaccida
Lateriflora
Livida
Mrs Marsh
Praelonga
Sandersonii
Typical
Blue
SP-1
SP-2
Tricolor
Tridenta
Aquatics
Aldrovanda
Gibba
Inflata
Purpurea

PINGS

Ehlersiae
Esseriana
George Sargent
Gina
Kondoi
Morellia
Moransis (2 unknown, Larger)
Moransis x Ehlersiae*
Primuliflora
Sethos*
Vulgaris “Kenai”
Weser*

SARR

Rubra
Leucophylla
Tarnok
White top
Red
Minor
Psittacina
Purpurea X Flava
Purpurea ssp. Venosa
Purpurea ssp. venosa var. 'Burkei'
Purpurea
Flava heavily veined
Flava rubricorpa

NEPENTHES

Alata
Coccinea
Miranda
Raff
Sangunia
Tobaica
Ventrata
Vetchii
Judith Finn
Gracilis “nigrapurpurea”

D. Californica

HELI

Heterodoxa x minor

How long did it take for your cuttings to root and what method did you use? (I'm asking because I'm gonna snip off some of my tobaica basal shoots soon)
biggrin.gif

I cut off the basal shoots themselves.  One had gotten rather big and had to go so I took them all.  I cut them at their base, dip them in rooting hormone and set them in LFS.  I was kind of lucky.  Two of the shoots came up from a part of the stem that was under ground and had some small root nubs.  The larger basal shoot also had one nub.  The smaller ones began to send out roots from the nubs within a few days.  I keep them moist and warm always.

I might have some neps to trade for. I am on the road and will be back on Friday, if you can wait for my list. Appreciate it.

Rick

I can wait. I believe one of the two is already spoken for. The remainder is the smallest (very small), but this plant is a fantastic grower. Do you have neps not on my list? Should be easy, I do not have many yet
tounge.gif

my pm is borke but do you have any pics of them because i have got a smaller flava heavy veined but i dont kno which it is yet i will look thru the foto finder to find out which it is when i find out i will post dimensions

Back