What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok, so I definately want a bog that can get pretty cold and maybe even just stay where it's put over the winter.  Thanks to everyone's help I have a list of plants that will hopefully work out.  

So, does anyone have any cuttings/divisions/seeds to trade of:

Drosera filiformis spp. filiformis
Drosera intermedia
(not Cuba, for somewhere cold  
tounge.gif
)
Drosera anglica  
Alaska
Drosera linearis
Pinguicula vulgaris
Pinguicula villosa
Pinguicula macrosceras
Pinguicula alpina
Pinguicula villosa
Pinguicula variegata
Pinguicula balcanica
Pinguicula grandiflora
Pinguicula longifolia
Pinguicula corsica
Pinguicula leptoceras
Sarracenia oreophila
Sarracenia jonesii
Sarracenia alabamensis
Utricularia monanthos
Utricularia biflora
Utricularia fibrosa

I figure someone's gotta have at least a few of these.  
smile.gif
 So, it'll be kind of like a pot luck bog.  
tounge.gif

If you are a member of the ICPS, they have some of these available through the seed bank.

If you cant' find someone to trade with and you are not a member and want something from the bank, let me know. I'm a member. We can work out a trade or you can send me a check.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Glenn @ May 15 2003,12:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you are a member of the ICPS, they have some of these available through the seed bank.

If you cant' find someone to trade with and you are not a member and want something from the bank, let me know.  I'm a member.  We can work out a trade or you can send me a check.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I'm a member too, but aren't you not allowed to trade off and/or sell seed form the seed bank, so as they don't have to pay taxes?
confused.gif

Vertigo,
All of the sarracenia you want are rare and you can't buy, sell, or trade them off. The good part about it is that you can only get them for free!
biggrin.gif
I got sarracenia oreophylla, I'll try to propagate it, I'll let you know if it works out.
wink.gif
wow.gif

I will pm you.

chris

Spec,

You can trade them, you just can't profit.  Which he wouldn't be if I gave him what they cost.  
tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Members may not resell Seed Bank seeds. There are also restrictions on the sale of plants from Seed Bank seeds by commercial growers as explained below. These restrictions result from the way the ICPS is incorporated.
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As a public charity, members of the ICPS can not themselves receive a financial benefit from membership. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Seed Bank does not exist to make money for the ICPS and members may not benefit financially from the Seed Bank. The Seed Bank exists to further our primary goals of education, research, and conservation. As such, it is not consistent with the charter of the organization for members to resell seeds from the Seed Bank at a profit. There is also a fine line if members use the Seed Bank as seed stock for plants to be sold commercially. It is expected that a commercial grower who gets seeds from the Seed Bank will in the future collect seeds for commercial use from their own plants and possibly donate seeds back to the Seed Bank.
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I checked into it earlier to make sure it wasn't against the rules.  
smile.gif

Oh yeah, and let me know how your propagation attempts go. I'd like to hear which method your going to try. Let us know how it goes.
wink.gif

Hey, I found more types of utrics that'll grow here great.

Here's the additions:

U. cornuta
U. geminiscapa
U. intermedia
U. juncea
U. macrorhiza
U. minor
U. ochroleuca
U. purpurea
U. resupinata
U. striata

I will be trading or asking for the cost of the seeds, no profit, for all of the ICPS seeds. The whole CP community, ICPS, pet fly trap forums, etc. are a very generous group of plant lovers. The generousity of some people (Tamlin, etc.) is amazing! It's great to be a part of it all. I've only been growing CPs for about a year and I'm looking forward to spreading the generousity once my collection starts producing offspring. I just wanted to say that everyone on this site is great and its nice to be a part of it.
biggrin.gif

Spec,

Thanks for the concern. The ICPS is a great organization and I wouldn't want to violate their rules!

TO VERTIGO,

sorry, this has nothing to do with the message, but it's the only way for me to contact vertigo because i don't have his email and his private messenger box if full.

so... i did not receive your seeds. have you received mine sent 1 month ago?

let me know please.

deedee

Hey Deedee,

One message was enough in the general message forum. You really didn't have to post multiple times. I read the first one and responded to it already, as well as pm'ing you.

hi vertigo

don't be upset, i posted here first because i never go to the other forums. then i saw there's a more appropriate forum for the message i had to send you that's why i posted there.

i'm going to watch your answer there. thanks.

sorry to disturb...

deedee

i thought that any extra seeds from the ICPS could be given to someone or traded
so you can use a few for your own collection and then trade a plant for the rest
or try to work it out some way like that but this is all just here say and im not sure

Back