What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still looking for free plants (or trade)

Still looking for free plants, I would pay postage or trade ,I have for trade a very interesting suculent that grows baby plants at the tips of its leaves(bryophilium 100s available&#33
wink.gif
,some varigated water celery , purple stemed taro,floating heart and tropical water lily seeds. thanks

Some suggestions..

Don't post that your looking for giveaways (read the trading forum rules at the top if you haven't already).  People have abused the TRADING forum in the past.  There are lots of generous people that do give plants/seed away either for free or for postage costs and when they do so they will post it.  Just keep your eyes open for them!  When they see 'looking for free' they will more likely turn the other way than read your post, which does include some items folks might like to trade for.

Put into your post what it is your looking for.  It will help get the attention of folks that have spare plants of the type your wanting to trade for.

Happy trading!
Tony

(Edit: Apparently the pinned trading forum rules are currently gone. They will be back shortly)

yes, but whenever anybody posts free plants\seed I never get to see it quick enough and the person runs out.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pond boy @ Aug. 19 2003,2:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yes, but whenever anybody posts free plants\seed I never get to see it quick enough and the person runs out.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
That may be the case but the same thing happens to others too. Patience pays off in the end, if you post for specific plants you are looking for, are polite and at least make an attemt to trade then it will pay off. Like Tony said, there are numerous generous people here and we all remember what it was like being a newbie
smile.gif

Pond boy,

Everyone here is really generous. Sometimes you'd be amazed at what people are willing to trade for something you have a ton of.
smile.gif

Why don't you tell us a little about yourself? Are you currently growing any CP's at all? Which ones interest you the most?

I curently only have a typical vft the plants that interest me most right now are drosera especialy d.alicae and the saracienia pitcher plants especialy s.purpurea purpurea and s.oreophila and there hybrids.

The aliciae I may be able to help you out with. As far as S. oreophilia, i'm not really sure if you're allowed to ship that state to state.  I do however happen to have some sarracenia seedlings, and know where you can get some seed for S. oreophilia (sp?) X ?.  I have no idea what my sarracenia seedlings actually are yet though.  
tounge.gif

Btw, any idea what type of kalanchoe that is? Or am I completely wrong about that.
tounge.gif

Just an FYI, you can ship oreophila across state lines if

1) it is sold with all the required papers and permits or

2) it is a gift given freely with no material taken in return (i.e. you can not trade for an oreophila across state lines.)

These same rules apply to all federally protected plants (CITES Appendix II I think)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Pyro @ Aug. 20 2003,8:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">These same rules apply to all federally protected plants (CITES Appendix II I think)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Actually, I think Appendix one is critical, and Appendix two is endangered, but not quite so heavily... Oreos are the former... I'm sorry if that sounded snappy, but I don't want anyone getting in trouble... GOOD LUCK Pond Boy!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif

Pondboy, patience. I will be offering again soon (as will others). Tell you what, PM your address and I will send out some plants soon. I take it that you do not care what they are as long as they are CP.

With a name like that would you like some non CP water plants as well? I have too many.

There are very generous people here (Tamlin, Bob Z, and many others), but you must wait. Don't push, it is impolite. After you have a good number of plants you can also be generous.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (lithopsman @ Aug. 20 2003,6:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm sorry if that sounded snappy, but I don't want anyone getting in trouble...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
You don't sound snappy
smile.gif
And I did say "I think" because I wasn't sure if it went in order by hierarchy (where I is just htreatened and II is endangered) or by importantce (where II would be threatened and I would be endangered.) If there is any doubt I suggest anyone interested just check out the CP FAQs by Barry Rice, I know he discusses it very well.

Kalanchoe pinnata
Synonyms/other Latin names: = Bryophyllum pinnatum (Lam.) Oken

Common name(s): life plant, air plant, resurrection plant, Canterbury bells, Mexican love plant, bulatawamudu, cathedral bells, oliwa ku kahakai

Kalancho pinnata

You know, this thing has nice flowers.
smile.gif

Hmm, oh yeah, any clue what color blooms? I know there's two different known flower colors for this specific kalanchoe.

Copper,
What types of aquatics do you have? I put together a 10gal tank that's filled with plant life all from cuttings and pieces that were floating on top of the water in a pet store.
tounge.gif

Back