What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red piranha

Does anyone have a "Red piranha" (Like dentate but red form) for trade, or know where I can purchase one.  All help is welcomed.  I added a link so you can check out the plant I am looking for. Look under the flytrap photos and you will find a photo of the red piranha. Fourth row down three over.

Thanks

http://www.rowanscarnivores.co.uk/PicturesFrame.htm

Hi,
'Red Piranha' can be found for trade at the Los Angeles Carnivorous Plant Society meetings on a regular basis. I have plants available for trade with people in the U.S.
It's a great plant.
Ed Read

Hello,
I do not have any plants that I can trade, I just have a small collection of flytraps. I would be willing to buy one or two from you and pay for the shipping. I live in the U.S. Thanks for all your help! I sent you a private message.

Well hello Ed, and welcome to the forums. Although we have not "met" your name is legend, LOL. Unless I am mistaken, didn't you have much to do with the development of this hybrid along with Ivan Snyder?

Also, aren't you the guy that is growing D. hirticalyx? Any chance of posting a photo?

I hope you will stop by often, and possibly share some of your experiences regarding the Brasilian droserae cultivation.

HI ED!

See you finally made it onto the forums! (and in the typical pft way) WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!! Anyway all, I received a red pirahna from Ed a few months back and it really is a great plant. There hasn't been much light at my place lately yet it maintains its red better than any of my other VFTS. Here's a pic of the little monster:

redpirahna.jpg

See you in 2 weeks.

Hey Ed, welcome to the forums, finally!
Love that Red Pirahna, most vigorous vft I have.  Still lookin' for 'Jaws' hint hint  
wink.gif

hungry_pirahnas.jpg

welcome!
jkochuni, are you just a fan of Ed, or are you Ed yourself? lol i know its a funny question but im curious...
wink.gif

Can't say that I am. I wish that I was, I might have a few 'Red Piranhas'.

I just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcome everybody. Larry told me a while ago that I should look up this website but as usual I got busy doing other things. I read about it on Eric Partrats great Pinguicula website and was pleasantly surprised. Most of the postings were positive and helpful. I look forward to learning more about cp through your experiences.
Larry, I've got dozens of 'Jaws' and 'Red Dragon' ready to take out of tissueculture. You better have something good to trade for them, ha ha. Just kidding. For anyone who doesn't know Larry has a great website which I highly recommend. O.K. I promise won't write as much chit chat in the future. Hi Michelle and anyone else I know going under mysterious names.
Ed Read

TC,

We like chit chat, so feel free!

Y'all drop me a message when those VFT's are ready to trade, I have wanted both since learning of them!! I have some things.....:)

Uhhhh, off topic I know but how is the D. hirticalyx doing?

Back