What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will trade cps for....

Status
Not open for further replies.
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spectabilis73 @ Sep. 11 2003,2:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">just remembered: Sending any kind of termite or ant queen is illegal in the usa. Because if the queen got loose, it would re populate in an area it is not usually found in. that is introducing a pharol species, and the fines can be hefty
wow.gif
so be careful...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Especially overseas, eeeshhh.
sad.gif
One more thing, if you're shipping termites, for god's sake, put the log in a Plastic bag. They can eat cardboard.
tounge.gif
Now if you'll excuse me I'm going out termite huntin'. If I get a few cultures going I'll trade a couple to you guys, and keep one or two for my frog "Arsenic". He's a cute lil' Auratus I picked up at a herp show last saturday.

Mike

Man, we have some serious phermoson <sp?> termites down here in New Orleans. I really don't think you want me to ship them up north though. They tear through homes like crazy, and resist most pesticides. They where brought over from asia in crates or something like that and have just torn through the area. Very hard to control. But, hey, if you want to take some off of our hands, it would be my pleassure.

Casper

Joseph!
Thanks for the picture, and thanks to it, I realized Im sitting on the gold mine of all termites! (not literally) but those infest like every dead tree around here! I could supply you with 20 colonies! LOL, but, if what spec said is true......
Kevin

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sarracenialuver @ Sep. 17 2003,6:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Joseph!
     Thanks for the picture, and thanks to it, I realized Im sitting on the gold mine of all termites! (not literally) but those infest like every dead tree around here! I could supply you with 20 colonies! LOL, but, if what spec said is true......
                                Kevin[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
could you send me the picture?
biggrin.gif

Oh, and, i dont think it is illegal to send just regular termites. jsut illegal to send queens i think, and any eggs
smile.gif

Hello,
The picture is an earlier link by joseph, the 5th of september I think, just scroll up,
Kevin

Casper, sorry wrong type of termite.

sarracenialuver, PM.

Spec, Much like the importation of plants, it's only illegal if you get caught.

Monkeyman, cute frog name, what morph?

Joe

Ah, Is it illegal! If so it is always illegal, not only if you get caught. It is legal to send plants with the proper paperwork except for a specific list. I'll check, but I can see where it would be illegal. If so I, of course, am out of this.

I don't think it is a good idea to involve the forums in transactions that in any way could be illegal. These forums are a privilege that can be taken away or shut down because of illegal traffic. Remember, the Internet is PUBLIC! That means both law enforcement and other government agencies can see what you're doing too!

I would suggest someone finds out the legality of sending insects around before things blow up in our collective faces!

SF

I feel it important to close this topic. Not only are we endangering the forums, but we could severly damage the enviroment if a pharol species of termite queen got loose... If you wish to continue this trade, please do so only in Private Message.

Thanks

-Spec

I think one thing needs to be corrected to Specs post. If you want to trade termites with the queen, please don't do it on PFT site even in PM's. It is illegal and we don't want to be part of it. Better yet, think about the wildlife where you live and don't bring in something that could damage your ecosystem. It's not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back