Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dead beat traders list updated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Ludwig,
    Unfortunately he HAS slithered back into the forums, we should do a ip bann this time, PM me if you want to know what his new name is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (trinity-nights @ April 30 2003,2:25)
    I never knew him, but that seemed kind of harsh. Oh well, atleast now this community is safer [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] .[/QUOTE]
    Oh, you never knew him? And no, it isn't safer, as you just slithered back into the forums. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img] yes, that is not a typo, you slithered back into the forums. Happy trading Nathaniel [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
    -Spec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ouch....I could feel that one.
    Signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trinity Nights has been banned.

Just so you all know, we were pretty sure it was him within hours of his joining, we just have to make sure before we go ban someone.

We have his IP addresses and now that we are dead sure, will will be catching him faster next time. We will not put up with his type of people here, and I am writing his parents letters. Ludwig, will you e-mail me the address you have? I will get his Alaskan address out of the ********** database. I am sure his parents will be so proud. Havin a son commit mail fraud and theft is surely one of the heights all parents strive to for their children.

ANy how, I want you to know the mods were out there watching... we were investigating any public attempts to trade, if you ever suspect a trade, please PM the mods, we share our suspicions on who is who, and if trading is advised.

Also, I want to encourage you all to shun banned members both here, and on chat if you know who they are, don't go actively slamming them, just don't talk to them, ignore banned members and report them to me.

Because of the way Chat is setup, we can not police it effectively, we are probably going to have to take it down forever because of little theives like Nethaniel, ********** will not support their efforts at defrauding it's members, and if we have to take chat down, we will.

Unfortunately, again because of people like Nethaniel, it may soon become impossobile to register and use the site under a hotmail, yahoo, or other web-mail type account. I know there are litterally hundreds of you using these accounts out there, and I don't want to take steps alienate our good upstanding members, but banning 'free' mail accounts is one of the fastest way to cut down on trolls. For now, this is perpetually in the future, but if the problem continues or grows, we may have to go there.

Another reason of course, to ignore the bad, and stick with the good.

Also, please do not let your suspicion overtake you when it comes to new members, these people like Nethaniel always give themseleves away, and the mods and I are armed with IP addresses and other goodies they are just not smart enough to get around, we are guarding you, so please don't feel you have to suck up into yourselves to be safe. Remember we are always here to help.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as we can get in and modify our e-mail to a paid type e-mail account, the banning of 'free' mail accounts won't be to bad. Many ISPs provide an e-mail account as part of their service.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It need not be that intrusive- just preventing any NEW users from signing up with a free account will maintain the status quo, without being a nuisance. I'm sure the mods already thought of that, though. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    There's no 'a' in perlite.

My Growlist
    NECPS.org - New England CP growers unite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In this case it's also a Federal Felony.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have his IP addresses and now that we are dead sure, will will be catching him faster next time. We will not put up with his type of people here, and I am writing his parents letters. Ludwig, will you e-mail me the address you have? I will get his Alaskan address out of the ********** database. I am sure his parents will be so proud. Havin a son commit mail fraud and theft is surely one of the heights all parents strive to for their children.
    [/QUOTE]

Ram, just a thought....back from my school days of mis-behaving....

How are you going to be sure that the letter you write will make it to the parrents, and not get intercepted and torn up by that little gremlin?

Since this is a federal offense (as copper pointed out), maybe having the COPS contact the parrents would be a little more effective? Not sure if this is practical...I've never had to report someone to the police.... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img]
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast