What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trading results

Joseph Clemens

Staff member
This plant was received last year in a trade with Sarracenia0:

Nice plant  
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

It was labeled as Sarracenia 'Mardi Gras' though I cannot find it to be a published, registered, cultivar.

s_MardiGras.JPG

It's mentioned in "The Savage Garden"

I get the plants delights catalog. Its nice, but a little pricey.

Cole

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sarraceniaobsessed @ April 04 2003,4:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mardi Gras is sold here in Atlanta at the local nursery for $6.00[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Is it from little pot of horrors company? If it is, most likely it's Sarracenia Wrigleyana

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spectabilis73 @ April 07 2003,1:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is it from little pot of horrors company? If it is, most likely it's Sarracenia Wrigleyana[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
It isn't wrigleyana. This is a true cultivar, if memory serves 'Mardi Gras' = 'Sultry Maid' in the Savage Garden. I grow both 'Mardi Gras' and wrigleyana and PingMan's plant is definitly 'Mardi Gras'

Back