What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted for trade

OK looking to trade for Nepenthes SPECIES not on my grow list preferably a N. Hamata. I have some medium N. Amps and small N. Macfarlanei,N. Spectabilis, N. Ramispina, N.Ventricosa, and some very small N. Lowii to trade.

My growlist is viewable on my homepage.

Thanks
Joe

How big is the N. Macfarlanei I just migt trade something.
rolleyes.gif

Small. I'll look when I get home but I think they are all around 3 to 4 inches across.

joe

Would you like a small N. rajah?

I would like N. Macfarlanei, N. Ramispina or N. Lowii

Jeremiah

What about N. Clipeta x reinwardtiana for a N. Spec?
rolleyes.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

Jeremiah, yes, the lowiis are very small, only about an inch but the others are larger, I'll PM you pictures tonight. How big is the rajah, well doesn't matter I guess as long as I have one.

Phil, I'm mostly interested in pure species but if you have a picture or can claim its beauty then I'm interested.

I just hadabout 4 pitchers open up on that plant. I will see if it gets some great color in it. It is as big as your N. Spec. How about a basal shot of a N. Tobiaca That has 4inch leaf span and pitchers that are 1inch and this plant grows so fast I mean as fast as we beat Iraq in the war lol.
biggrin.gif

Joseph could you pm me your email so I could send you photos of the N. rajah.

thanks
Jeremiah

BTW The rajah is about 2 inches across but should increase in size very rapidly. From my experience rajah seems to be one of the faster growing highlands.

jeremiah, josephanselmo@attbi.com, plant size sounds just fine.

Here are the pics I have for trade. If they don't show up then my little server has maxed its ten connections, just check back in 2 minutes when someone else moves onto a different thread it will let you on.

N. amp 3in pot
amp.jpg

N. Insignis 3 in. pot.
insignis.jpg

N. spectabilis 3 in. pot
spectabilis.jpg

N. lowii
lowii.jpg

N. macfarlanei 3in pot
macfarlane.jpg

N. Ramispina 3 in pot
ramispina.jpg

N. Sangunea (sorry forgot to mention this one.) 3in pot
sangunea.jpg

Also I have one rooted maxima x alata lowland. Looks like 6in stick with small leaves.

joe

Ok I will take a N.Spec the bigger one. And I will give you a basal shoot of N. Tobiaca that is( I just measured it 4.5inches across with about 1inch or more pitchers.
biggrin.gif
Does that sound good
alien.gif
--Phil

very nice plants
do you know where the N. macfarlanei is from/location

Phil, I miss understood I thought you were trading a whole plant. Is N. Tobiaca hard to root? I might feel better if it was rooted before shipping. I just hate to kill a cutting by mailling it. Let me look up the rooting habbits and I'll get back to you.

joe

I think it is fast rooting. This basal shoot grows as fast as a N. Gracilis I mean this plant grows very fast/ THe mother plant is so big one of the bigest I have it is 5-6inches tall but didn't start growing as fast as it is know becuase the nursery I got it from did't have the right conditions as soon as I put it into the right conditions it had a pitcher in one week.
biggrin.gif
--Phil

P.S. Check and make ure on how fast it will root. I grow this plant as a Lowland and thats how it likes it.
biggrin.gif

weird can't find much info. The savage garden list it as a highland, but says it does well on the window sill. Who the heck has highland window sills? Anyway lets bargain, how about the cutting for the spec on the left, actually i don't have a positive ID on the one on the right anyway (sure does look like a spec though). And you can't beat a spec for fast growth, these are in highland/ultra high conditions and grow like weeds.

joe

CAn you tell me the conditions that you grow them in and is it ok to take the one on he right. And how many pitchers do your N. Specs have a month? etc. I don'tget how you can have highland Widowsills and Savage garden is wrong it can be grown as a lowland a well as intermedia. And last but not least can you take some pics of both the Spec's and post them up on the topic. But If I pick the little one and give you the N. Tobiaca 4.5 leaf span with 1-1.5 pitchers and the Tobiaca is bigger smothig else with it. I am not trying to be a brat so don't think Iam one
rolleyes.gif
--Phil

P.S. Try t post some pics of the pitchers ok. Thanx
biggrin.gif

No prob will post pics in ten minutes. Its called bargaining. Nothing wrong with it as long as its friendly.

Sorry one for one plant trade since yours isn't rooted.

joe

Back