What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia for postage

Mine only had phyllodia on it, so I'm going the dormancy route.

SF

Mine is the same. Thank you so much Dean. As usual, it is a wonderful plant.

Rose

Dean,

My courtesy S. oreophila arrived yesterday in excellent shape. Thanks for propagating the plant and making it available to so many people (beyond the call of duty
unclesam.gif
)
The Neps I ordered separately (Fallax, albomarginata and Fusca looked amazing some 6-8" wide.

Gonna do some potting this weekend!!!
Kirk Martin

I noticed you sent me a free one when I ordered plants last... Thank you very much, Dean. It's nice to see you here on these forums.
smile.gif

As for where mine is going for dormancy... at our new house, we have a three season porch, unheated but insulated and protected from some of the cold... So far it seems absolutely perfect for dormant Sarracenia!

I think you will have to e-mail him....as I havent seen him around in over a month.:;):

Mine had phyllodia on it also so i am giving it dormancy actually i purchased a flava and he sent the oreophila with it.

In the spring we should post pic of them because I ask what var. it was and he said that he didn't label them by veinning type and that it will be a surprise.

Kirk if you want one you should e-mail him about it. Also has anybody's plant started to flower? Mine is getting a flower stalk right now...

Mine is making a new pticher and a flower stalka t the same time and it looks to me that this will be a huge plant with pretty flowers . Thanks dean , this is the first time I'll see sarracenia flowers
smile.gif

I have 2 new pitchers starting on mine. Can't tell yet about flowers though, Im not sure what exactly to look for. I've never had a Sarr flower before. I have a feeling this is going to be a fairly large plant too, I hope its not too big for the pot I have it in.

Steve

If there are any left please add me too the list. i love sarras and have had a hard time finding this species.

Back