What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gemmae are going out to the following addresses.  Once again, if you haven't sent me an email with your updated lists, you will not receive additional gemmae.  I note there is no email in my file from either Pondboy or for Homer Leauge, so I can't tell what I have already sent.

Leaving today to you:

Jalan Kayu
John Kawamoto
Tom Hayes
Carl Taylor
Goh Yihan
MArk Wilson
Kevin Becker
Jason Willis
Tim Malcolm
Andrew Beauchamp

Please send an updated list when these are received, and include your full name and mailing address, as well as your forum name.  Thanks.

Thanks to the generosity of a fellow grower I will have another harvest of gemmae to distribute. I can't vouch for the accuracy of the names as I haven't grown them, but I will send them out asap. Right now sendings are not possible due to sub zero temps, but continue to be patient and I will do what I can to distribute these.

I know where your coming from Tamlin.This weekend it will be in the 30's but by thrusday of next week it is supposed to be in the single digits or teens for highs an below zero for the lows.I can't wait til spring when I can sit on the deck and see my now tiny pygmys grown up and munching on little bugs.Only 4-5 months from now
laugh.gif

Mark W.

I would really like to try a Drosera species of Pygmy Sundew.
I am an amateur, but I have the essential tools, like RO water & enthusiasm.
I think the local weather in San Diego might let me grow them outside year round.
Maybe I will be able to help spread them to other enthusiastic hobbyists in a couple of years
I'll get an SASE out to you ASAP.
Many Thanks for your generosity,
Rick Gordon

hey Tamlin the pygmies are beautiful. you sent me about 7 different kinds but due to the cold weather i dont think some survived shipping(still waiting to see if the last 2 packets sprout) however after a very close inspection of the pot last weekend i have at least 24 individual plants from atleast 3 different species/varieties. the ones that popped up are growing strong and catching fungus gnats like mad. ill wait till later this spring to send you some pics to help me identify species/varieties. thanks again and keep up the good work.

Sheridan S.

The cold continues unabated here, and I remain unable to send or receive anything. Shreidan, I will try to get some additional pygs to you if the weather will just cooperate!

I will be sending out some gemmae this week since the temps are looking a little better.

I am currently backlogged with requests, and I can take no further subscriptions to this offer until I get a sense of what the plants are going to do.

If you have not received any gemmae, or feel neglected or slighted, now would be a good time to let me know, so I can make it right for you, hopefully ;-)

Good growing, all!

Thanks William for your ongoing efforts in this field! You are truely a giver. And one that does not go unnoticed. I'll let you know when to watch for your package.
biggrin.gif

Andrew

Andrew,

Thanks for your kind words, but please don't send anything until the temps warm up a bit more than they are now. Anyone who is subscribed will continue to receive gemmae as long as the plants produce, I just don't want to make promises I can't fufill, and as it now stands things are getting "iffy", and that includes you buddy: you have been very patient waiting for me to get a breather, and I appreciate that.

Next season I will be cutting the lights back much earlier. I have learned to follow my own advice, LOL.

Nothing went out today since there was no mail, but I hope to have some stuff in the mail tomorrow. The gemmae has been in the fridge for over a week and should be IMMEDIATELY planted. Some will make it, others won't but considering the temps here I had no alternative.

It has been a great pleasure for me to share with you all, and hopefully introduce you to these very remarkable plants. The real test for you all will be over the summer. As I have said, some of the pygmys start to look bedraggeled over the summer when they go dormant and stop growing. It is easy then to neglect them, and this is precisely the time they want the most attention. I have a pot of D. occidentalis var microscapa that I almost gave up on, since the rosettes all but disappeared: no color, no traps, just a withered surface. But I kept attentive to their needs, and now they are returning at long last, and I hope will be even more beautiful than when they were gemmalings. Don't give up on them if this happens to you!

If more gemmae are produced, they will be offered once my current waiting list of hopefuls are filled.

Once again, if anyone feels shorted in any way, please let me know. So far there have been no complaints, just a lot of happy growers. Considering the way the world turns, events like this where everyone is happy are very rare! Your donations will continue to spread plants and seed: once the weather is warmer I will have many Drosera to share, so y'all be looking towards expanding your current capabilities!

Tamlin,

As to the donations, have they been enough to cover expenses?
smile.gif

SF

Snowyfalcon,

Yes, thanks to some mighty generous folk here at TF. This is a great community!

Hi i havn't been on the forums for a while so i don't know if all the gemmae is all gone but i sent tamlin 2 SASE's and i had a note in one to send at christmas and the other to send what he had at the moment
i only recieved one SASE back
i was just wondering if the other one was lost in the mail or if he ever recieved or if he might(i say might just beacuse all forget sometimes) have forgoten or msiplaced mine
Please let me Know
Thanks
smile.gif

Oliver(enoc22)

Oliver, first off Willam is having problems with connecting to the interenet he posted a while back... Second, I think it is still below zero there... So, nothing can be sent out without being frozen to death.
---I think---
Andrew

oh
sorry
sad.gif

i didn't know
here it's now 75-80 F
Sorry again let me know
when it warms up a bit where you are
thanks
Oliver

hey tamlin... im not sure if it was u or someone else but, someone from this site sent me a lot of seeds before
sad.gif
and my mom threw them out, I GOT NO CLUE WHY, ..... erhm i was rawcola, and i was wondering if u got anymore easy to grow of these plants u r sending.

Tamlin....has left the building.
smile.gif

Back